Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Loan

Hi All-

I am on a mission to fix my credit score! I only have 3 accounts open and a ton of negative marks. (I'll ask a question about those later) Of those open accounts is my car loan from Captial One which I am currently past due. I had a repossion about a year ago and they put the repossion fee to the back of  my loan for 3xx.xx. Currently it is showing 7 late payments. I would like to get caught up and STAY caught up!! I've read that I can call them and ask them if I get caught I can ask them if they would be willing to delete somme of the late payments. Does anyone know if that is true? I'm not sure if that repossion fee is counts as me paying late but I do not think so.  Does anyone have any tips on how to go about getting caught up where it can benefit my credit score/situation? I'm going to pay it up anyway, regardless just wanted to check on this fact first. Thank you all!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Auto Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All-

I am on a mission to fix my credit score! I only have 3 accounts open and a ton of negative marks. (I'll ask a question about those later) Of those open accounts is my car loan from Captial One which I am currently past due. I had a repossion about a year ago and they put the repossion fee to the back of  my loan for 3xx.xx. Currently it is showing 7 late payments. I would like to get caught up and STAY caught up!! I've read that I can call them and ask them if I get caught I can ask them if they would be willing to delete somme of the late payments. Does anyone know if that is true? I'm not sure if that repossion fee is counts as me paying late but I do not think so.  Does anyone have any tips on how to go about getting caught up where it can benefit my credit score/situation? I'm going to pay it up anyway, regardless just wanted to check on this fact first. Thank you all!

Anything that is put at the back of your loan is not considered late. Do not delay getting it caught up the longer you wait the worse it gets for you. You can ask for goodwill adjustment if previous lates but I would first show you can maintain currency on the account. You would send them a GW letter   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.