Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Services - PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cavalry Portfolio Services - PFD

i have a 4.5 year old account that was originally a synchrony account and when I defaulted it was purchased by cavalry. The balance shown is 1239. I don’t agree with the balance, however I want it removed from my credit file. It’s my understanding that they do PFD’s so I’d like to offer a percentage to settle this. What would be an acceptance offer? Has anyone had luck with this recently? Any tips or direction would be great! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Services - PFD

If its still within the SOL 75%, outside the SOL offer 30-50%.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is considered outside the SOL for my state. 

@gdale6 wrote:

If its still within the SOL 75%, outside the SOL offer 30-50%.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also want to add that this is a joint account that my husband and I opened together. Does that make any difference? 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I also want to add that this is a joint account that my husband and I opened together. Does that make any difference? 

Then the offer should be from both of you so they dont come after your husband for the difference.

Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Cavalry will delete upon PIF/settlement so long as it's been at least 2 years since DOFD (which it sounds like yours is), therefore, try to settle for 30-50% of balance, but as mentioned above, make sure you explicitly state that it is from both parties (you and your husband).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.