Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts

tag
SGTRECON39
Established Member

Collection Accounts

Hi Everyone,

I recently disputed a couple of CA and they were removed from Transunion. I don't know about the other 2 bureaus yet, but they about a 1yr old and my overall balance dropped. My credit score didn't move at all. Shouldn't it go up some with 2 less CA on there? It's been about 3 days since they were removed.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Accounts

What are you using to monitor your score?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Having other remaining major derogs still of record seems to minimize the effect of having only some of the existing major derogs deleted.  I would expect substantial score improvement once your credit file becomes clean of major derogs.

With respect to the deletion of the collections based on a prior dispute, if the dispute resulted in a clear finding by the furnisher of the disputed information that it was incomplete, inaccurate, or could not be verified, then they were compelled under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) to have additionally reported the deletion to ALL CRAs to which they furnished the information.  If the other CRAs dont delete within a reasonable time, I would contact the debt collector and remind them of their responsibility to follow through with reporting of the deletion to all the CRAs.

Message 3 of 5
SGTRECON39
Established Member

I use Transunion triple alert.

The accounts were actually removed, yet my scores dropped average of 10 points across the board. There's no new inquiries, no new credit, or late pays. It makes no sense to me.

Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Do you have any CC's?   Check the balances for changes.

If reported balances where slightly higher then before, that means Util is higher and would result in a lower credit score.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.