Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Collection

I got a letter today from American Coradius International LLC the crediter is PayPal for allost $1,500. I do not have a paypal account and going to call American Coradius International LLC on Monday. I just don't wan't it to be reported to CRB's wille they are looking into it. I called PayPal and they are lookin into this old account PayPal said from late '07. Do anyone know if they report to CRB's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection

I'm sure the CA would report to the creditors.  I would immediately send out a DV, sent it CMRRR, seing as you have just received a dunning notice, it would be considered timely and thus bar the CA from any further collection activity.  Keep in mind that even though they are barred from collecting until they do verify, the debt does not go away and at any point they can verify and resume collection activity later.  But this will give you some time to do some investigating on your own.  If they do come back and verify the account, you may need to file an identity theft report.  But we will save that discussion pending what the DV and your investigation yields.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection

I would not wait response from a DV prior to initiating the FCRA identity theft process.

While sending a DV will give temporarty reprieve from their reporting of a collection, they can send debt verification and immediately report.

If you can put your assertion that you never authorized the account upon which the alleged debt is based into a police report and send that report to the CRA, it requires the CRA to immediately block any prior or future reporting related to that account from your credit report under the provisions of FCRA 605B.

You can also send a copy of the police report to the alleged creditor, and immediately require them to provide all business records pertaining to the account.  FCRA 609(e).

Finally, you can send a copy to the debt collector, requring them to send you any infrmation you would be entitled to if you had filed a dispute of its accuracy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.