Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card advice...

tag
meeklo062704
New Contributor

Credit card advice...

I'm trying to get my credit up after a long time fighting the things that brought it down. My score, I believe, is around 600. I had a 3 year car loan paid perfectly that paid off in the beginning of the month. I have a tax lien that I'm making monthly on time payments on, and a hospital visit that was split into 3 collection accounts. The medical collections became a judgement, but my report shows that I'm making my payments on them. I applied and got approved for Cap One secured over a year ago, but an issue with Chase got the deposit payment reversed. Since that happened, I took care of starting to pay down the medical bills, and paid my car off. So I'm just wondering where a good place to start would be.

I have a collection from Time Warner from 05/10. Everything else is steady. I've been on the same job, and same address for almost 3 years. Debt to income is good as my work gives me an apartment rent free and utility free. I have 3 hard inquiries on my report right now. So I'm wondering if I should try applying for an unsecured first, then fall back on a secured if it gets denied? I'm not overly concerned with getting a card with high interest or fees, I'm kind of expecting it as part of the climb to good credit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.