cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current status is wrong...falling on deaf ears.

tag
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Current status is wrong...falling on deaf ears.

Ga Power
Status as of Jan, 2013
Date opened [?] Jul, 2010
Date of last activity [?] Dec, 2011
Largest past balance [?] $131
Account Type [?] Open Account
Account holder [?] Individual
Industry Electrical Light & Power
Descriptions [?]

Paid collection
Utility
No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0                120+ days past due
Seven year payment history [?]
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 2 times (Jun 2012, May 2012)
Recent payment history [?]

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
2011 2012
Legend:

Currently paid as agreed

120 days late

Had an issue with final bill with Ga power and bill was not paid.(we do NOT have service with them anymore)  When the issue was discovered, we paid the bill immediately and Ga power marked as paid. Balance Zero but Current status remains as 120+. I was advised on here to call them to have corrected as it should reflect paid, not 120+. I did. I sent letters. I went into office. The ONLY response I get from everyone is once it is 120+ it will continue to report that way until it falls off report. Was advised on here this is inaccurate. So I call again and again. They aren't budging and all disputes come back....verified!

They will not share a fax number with me so I can fax bomb their office, they will not even respond to letters anymore. Does anyone have any advice? Special wording I can use, the law I can cite in my next letter? I don't know what to do now...prepping for a mortgage and this is insane!  

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Current status is wrong...falling on deaf ears.

Hire a consumer attorney in your area, that will get to either correct it or even remove the TL.

Message 2 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Looking at that posting, I don't see anything wrong with it so there wouldn't be an accuracy of reporting issue there.  You say when it was discovered, was there a billing issue?  Something that you could report to the BBB?

If not, then  your best option would be a GW.  And probably not through the regular channels as it seems to be getting you nowhere.  Maybe try someone up the ladder in the company.  This is also why I advise to GW before disputing.  If you make them mad harassing them with disputes, they aren't very open to GWs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 18
starry1
Valued Contributor

It's reporting as an open account when its not.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 18
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Well not a billing issue. Moved and didn't get final bill. when we finally called them about it we pd it right away. Didn't want it to go to collections. I was told that the current status cannot be 120+ if it is pif. It should say paid. My question is how to get them to understand that? It is no longer 120 days late it is pd. My mortgage advisor says that needs to be fixed because lender will take issue with that.
Message 5 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@annakathleen75 wrote:
Well not a billing issue. Moved and didn't get final bill. when we finally called them about it we pd it right away. Didn't want it to go to collections. I was told that the current status cannot be 120+ if it is pif. It should say paid. My question is how to get them to understand that? It is no longer 120 days late it is pd. My mortgage advisor says that needs to be fixed because lender will take issue with that.

Well, when did you pay this?!?

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is listing as currently 120+ days past due.  It should not be.  Dispute it with the furnisher and let them know you are not currently past due and it should not reflect as such.  Incorrect reporting is a violation of the FCRA.

Message 7 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It actually lists a $0 balance so it can list the 120 days late as the status representing the worst delinquincy.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

It actually lists a $0 balance so it can list the 120 days late as the status representing the worst delinquincy.

But it isn't.  It is listing it as currently 120 days past due.  That is not correct.  There is a place to report worst delinquency.  Op has stated that the lender is seeing it as being delinquent now when in fact it is not.  It was paid.  When it was paid doesn't matter, it was paid.

Message 9 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

But it isn't.  It is listing it as currently 120 days past due.  That is not correct.  There is a place to report worst delinquency.  Op has stated that the lender is seeing it as being delinquent now when in fact it is not.  It was paid.  When it was paid doesn't matter, it was paid.

It does matter if it was paid 2 weeks ago and hasn't reported for February yet...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.