Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute with EQ, score goes up by 67

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Dispute with EQ, score goes up by 67

I know this will probably be a fairytale if the disputed account goes away for good and I don't really know if it would. I called EQ to ask for EE and told the CSR that there is only one account that is holding me back. She said this account doesnt fall off till Oct 16. She said she could dispute it and see if the lender still wants to report it or not. I said why the heck not. The worst, it will stay for another couple of months, best case it will be gone.

Today after the report to FICO stating that the account is under dispute noticed that MF said score went up by 67 points. Even if this is just a temporary thing till it actually drops off I am happy to see where my score is for now!

So 2/3 are in 700+ and I can be happy even if it for few days (but hope it goes away for good).

And now I wish EX will show an update. It is not 635 but up to 670 at this point.

2016-07-13_17-44-24.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute with EQ, score goes up by 67

Some items on mine went into dispute status and my score didn't change at all. Now, that could be because they aren't impacting my score now, but it could also mean that yours are actually deleted.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt think your score goes up while items are on dispute! is this true??? I disputed all of my student loans that were in rehab and should have been deleted. I dont know if my score changed from the time I disputed to now it's just shows under investigation. I certainly hope not! I dont see how the score will goes up while an item is still not finalized. Am I missing something?

Also, if I dispute a judgment and it has been deleted, is there a really a chance that it will go back? 

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your "score" can go up or down when a dispute is pending.

FICO disregards certain OC account information while a dispute is pending.  Most notable are derogs reported by the OC, which are, if present, a significant part of the consumer's score.

In a practical sense, you effectively no longer have a "score" if significant information is disregarded in scoring.

Once the dispute is resolved via sending of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, the dispute is concluded and scoring returns to normal.

When requesting early exclusion, there is no assertion of any inaccuracy, and thus no valid basis for dispute.

The CRA rep was in error in suggesting you file a dispute only to see if the furnisher wants to continue reporting.  That is a frivolous or irrelevant "dispute" for which the furnisher has no obligation to conduct any investigation of accuracy.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax was the only bureau that seemed to alter my score based on disputes. I disputed a couple of judgments that were about to fall off and Equifax was also the only bureau that removed both of them! So, hopefully you have the same luck! My dang judgment falls off August 3 but that didn't help my score go higher for my mortgage that was approved 7/6. Oh well. Good luck!

Message 5 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I know, that's why in my text I mentioned that it will probably not stay that way unless they can get it deleted. Fingers crossed!
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I know when I've disputed items, it seemed my scores never changed. The flip side to this is it is a possible sneak preview to where your scores can be when it does go away for good!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you checked the status of this yet? I'm really curious. Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

That's my guess too. It is the last item so I figured it would cause a jump. This item is going to be on the report till oct and I hope it doesn't. By the end of this month I am calling EX for EE of 2 items that the woman said can be removed.

So if EQ does remove it, my reports will clean by 1st August and I hope I can garden after that till I get offers from CSP, PRG / Platinum.

At this point I don't even feel the need to apply for anything else. I mean it would be fantastic to have CSP, PRG and Ritz (want 140k UR point offer though) but it wouldn't change anything if I don't apply for anything.

My biggest concern all this time was to be able to get a rental apartment when I need to move out and a lot of places needed the scores to be 700+. So now I have one less thing to worry about
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.