Did you mean: 

Do Bureaus share information?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Bureaus share information?

Hello,

Just a quick question..

I disputed a 30 days late from Bank of America with Equifax and the 30 days for the investigation are about to expire, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be validated.

My question is, if BOA doesnt validate it, is Equifax required to share it with the other ones? so that I won't have to go through the same 30 days process "again" with the other bureaus. I'm about to apply for a car loan at the end of the month. I don't know if I can wait another 30 days for the late to fall off my Transunion and Experian report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: Do Bureaus share information?

I'm afraid that you are going to have to deal  with Transunion and Experian separately.    It is my understanding that CRA's do not share information with each other.

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's correct ~ you will have to dispute separately with each CR, they are independent of each other.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs are required to share certain types of information, such as the request for a fraud alert, which they must forward to the other CRAs.  However, most information must be separately reported to each CRA.

Creditors and debt collectors also have requirements to report information to other CRAs.  For example, if you file a dispute with one CRA, and the credtior cannot verify its accuracy or holds the information to in fact be inaccuracte, it is not sufficient for them to report that result only to the CRA handling the dispute.  They are required to report those results to each CRA to which they previously reported the disputed information.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG, would you happen to know if there's a way I can get them (BOA) to remove it from the other bureaus? Is there a provision in the FCRA that would require them to report the same information in all 3 bureaus?
Message 5 of 8
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I had a dispute with Experian that got removed from all three.  I guess the OC removed it from the others.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"In resolution of my prior dispute filed ( ), my credit report has now been updated to show the deletion of the disputed information with (CRA).

However, similar updating is not shown by the other credit reporting agencies.

I request, under the provisions of FCRA 623(b)(1)(D), that you additionally report those same results to each credit reporting agency to which you have previously provided the information.  It is not sufficient to report the results to only the credit reporting agency that handled the dispute."

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.