Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax problems

tag
xoblondyox
Established Member

Equifax problems

Has anyone had any problems with Equifax?

I have had SO many problems with them as far as updating my account. 

I disputed in April about adding the proper employer, got a confirmation letter from them that it was added. Never was.

I have a Hilco Rec collection account that is on my report. Its been listed as a collection account, and I got a letter from the Creditor stating its been paid. Sent in thethe letter from Creditor in with the dispute.

Equifax updated to "Paid Collection" but had it listed for 120+ days past due. So i distputed it again! Got a letter in the mail saying this no longer is on my report so i pulled my report right away, of course it was still on there this time they updated my report back to a "Collection account", 120+ days past due, and added a late for 3/09 (when the same report says last activity 9/05)! So of course I dipsuted again over the phone so I could explain. Today I got a email from the VP of Hilco (Reply from a GW email I sent in April) saying they would delete the entry but could take up to 30 days. So I called Equifax asking if I can send all this to them to help back me up, so they gave me their fax number. I hope this helps. However theres another...

Then I have another account from GEMB/PPBYCR from 2005, that shows 13 lates, and 120+ days past due. (Only 5 lates are real. I have sent this info in about 4 times as well. With proof of one payment that they had down as late and with proof that this collection was paid May 05!

Got a confirmation letter saying this info is correct, i took a good look at the 90+ lates which are listed as Jan-Mar 06 in the timeline) and then after that it was a charge off, which is correct. So i sent them a dispute where they are overlooking their own information and that the lates are not correct, and this account is not 120+ days past due.

Experian and Transunion have deleted or updated with no problems!!! Actually, Experian even deleted the Hilco account today on the same day Hilco sent it in!!!

Please tell me Im not the only one with this problem and Equifax?!?!?

I'm trying to buy a house and Im waiting for the Equifax score to come up, since I dont know my Experian score (in April it was 623)  i want to be safe and wait for the Equifax score to come up 10 more points. 

Message Edited by xoblondyox on 07-10-2009 02:50 AM
Experian: 623 (April 09) Equifax: 652 (Aug 09) Transunion: 662 (Aug 09)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax problems

I have problems with them too.  When creditors send in my latest info...CLI's, payments...within a couple days TU & EX have it on & EQ is dragging their useless behind!

I will admit, I disputed online yesterday w/EQ & EX...both show dispute this am.  TU dropped it for now.  Too bad I'm not ready for the LO pull!!!  

I almost forgot...the EX website is SO SLOW!!!!!  I have a new laptop as of Jan.  dual core & 3g memory...eq loads like it's pulling a barge! It doesn't load at all on Mozilla, which is a PITA cuz I hate IE!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-10-2009 07:36 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
xoblondyox
Established Member

EQ is slow with payments as well! Ive had 2-3 months behind on my car payments before from them.

I havent expierenced their slow website, but then again I dont visit it often.  They are not my favorite right now! Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know...they're not my favorite either, but I have the CW gold.  I get a new report every day...whenever the freakin page decides to load!!! 
Message 4 of 7
xoblondyox
Established Member

do you recommed the cw gold over the score watch on here?
Message 5 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@xoblondyox wrote:
do you recommed the cw gold over the score watch on here?

Well, it's actually 2 different products.

CWG....I pay $9.95/mo & get a new report every day (every 24 hrs, to be exact)

SW...for something like $6.00/mo & I get alerts here when my score changes.  EQ has the SW too, but I like seeing the new EQ #'s here on myFICO rather than on their site Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 7
xoblondyox
Established Member

any one else have these problems?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.