Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax ?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Equifax ?

does anyone else have trouble with Equifax picking up accounts that are reported? my balances seem to update VERY slow with Equifax and Equifax says i have a total of 25 accounts but on Experian I have 40 accounts. No the accounts on Experian are not authorized user accounts so Im confused. Im wondering because Equifax is consistently about 50 points lower than my other scores! maybe i should just stick with lenders that pull TU and EX?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax ?

Not all creditors report to all 3 bureaus, hence the disrecepncy in the total number of accounts. Some have strict relationships with only 1 CRA, some have them with all 3 bureaus. You can ask a creditor to pull from one CRA, but they may want to see all 3, for the same reason, to see if their is debt reported on the other 2 that the one CRA you asked them to pull doesnt have to get a full picture of where you stand.

Message 2 of 3
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax ?

thanks for the input. it just seems weird that other forum members have reported these creditors as reporting to EQ and i got the accounts for the sole purpose of reporting to boost my score, its been 6 months and nothing has appeared on EQ. First Premier is one of the one's not showing up and I know they usually report to all 3. bummer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.