Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian... multiple facepalms.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian... multiple facepalms.

First, the good news! Woo! New highest score out of the 3 bureaus!

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 6.33.10 PM.png

Now, onto the facepalming which I discovered when my score went up...

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 6.34.38 PM.png

The revolving part is right. the rest is WRONG WRONG WRONG. For some reason, EQ is showing IIB, closed, paid (through the BK) student loan accounts open. There are a couple that are actually still open, but only about $9k worth that I just resumed paying on. Then, I started paying on these like a month ago, it changed my time since negative from 5 years (pre BK) to 2.5 years for no reason. The loans were in BK forebearance status the whole time, so there should be no 2.5 year late. They're also showing amounts past due, of which there should be none, I'm pretty sure. Especially if the loan is paid off. ARRRGHHHHH!! Somehow I got a report from EX right after my BK was discharged (for the life of me can't remember how!! It's different than the one I just paid for.) and was able to dispute the past due amounts, and I think that may be where these errors arose from. But that was almost 2 months ago, and this just popped up today.

**bleep** Experian! And OF COURSE I am locked out of their dispute system because they for whatever reason don't have my GD last 2 addresses in my CR (TU and EQ do!), so when it asks if you've been at an address for less than 2 years and then wants you to put in previous addresses, I was unknowingly getting them wrong. Which I didn't find out til I bought an actual CR from them trying to obtain a report number so I could dispute using a report number instead of verification questions. Well guess what, what you get is the same dam thing as is on CCT, with NO report number.

(edit to add: my driver's license has an old address on it, so I can't even do the fax-in ID verification to unlock my acct! Unless the address on the ID doesn't need to match the current address?)

tl;dr: Experian sucks and should burn in eternal heck-fire. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian... multiple facepalms.

@Anonymous wrote:

First, the good news! Woo! New highest score out of the 3 bureaus!

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 6.33.10 PM.png

Now, onto the facepalming which I discovered when my score went up...

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 6.34.38 PM.png

The revolving part is right. the rest is WRONG WRONG WRONG. For some reason, EQ is showing IIB, closed, paid (through the BK) student loan accounts open. There are a couple that are actually still open, but only about $9k worth that I just resumed paying on. Then, I started paying on these like a month ago, it changed my time since negative from 5 years (pre BK) to 2.5 years for no reason. The loans were in BK forebearance status the whole time, so there should be no 2.5 year late. They're also showing amounts past due, of which there should be none, I'm pretty sure. Especially if the loan is paid off. ARRRGHHHHH!! Somehow I got a report from EX right after my BK was discharged (for the life of me can't remember how!! It's different than the one I just paid for.) and was able to dispute the past due amounts, and I think that may be where these errors arose from. But that was almost 2 months ago, and this just popped up today.

**bleep** Experian! And OF COURSE I am locked out of their dispute system because they for whatever reason don't have my GD last 2 addresses in my CR (TU and EQ do!), so when it asks if you've been at an address for less than 2 years and then wants you to put in previous addresses, I was unknowingly getting them wrong. Which I didn't find out til I bought an actual CR from them trying to obtain a report number so I could dispute using a report number instead of verification questions. Well guess what, what you get is the same dam thing as is on CCT, with NO report number.

(edit to add: my driver's license has an old address on it, so I can't even do the fax-in ID verification to unlock my acct! Unless the address on the ID doesn't need to match the current address?)

tl;dr: Experian sucks and should burn in eternal heck-fire. Smiley Mad

Well sorry for that but good news is experian and transunion are easy to deal with when you dispute info.Any proof you have just submit to show what's correct and if possible contact creditors to help you clear up.And I would also mention Tu and Eq has updated information to help you.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian... multiple facepalms.

I agree with the above poster. If you have proof the agencies should be easy to deal with. Even calling them is an option. I'm almost surprised the score is as high as it is with it showing the negatives. If you get some of this cleared up, the score will get even better.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.