Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFCC PFD Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FFCC PFD Advice?

I have an account at First Federal Credit Control (FFCC) for a very recent medical-related debt. The amount is just over $300. They have an office that is local to me. I drove there the other day to inquire about getting a PFD if I paid in full. The lady who spoke to me at the window said that they would send a PIF to the CRAs. I clarified to say I wanted to know if they could send a PFD, not just a PIF statement. She replied to the effect of it being the same thing, which didn't sound correct to me. I asked if I could get a letter from them to me stating they would do a PFD if I PIF. She said no. I asked if I could see an example of their PIF/PFD notice they send, and she said no. She gave me the name and number of my "account rep," who was not in that day.

I'd really prefer to get in writing that there will be a PFD, but I understand not all CAs will do that. I'm wondering if anyone has experience getting a PFD from FFCC, or has any other good advice regarding this, before I call and speak to the account rep, and before I take them at their word.

Other than this, the only things on my CR are a student loan which has not missed a payment for the last 3 or 4 years (though it was delinquent before that, originating in 2005, and was transferred twice), and a credit card that was closed in 2006 with no money owed (dunno why it's showing). A credit repair guy (who was trying to get me qualified for a FHA loan, not sell me on his credit repair service) said this debt is knocking my score down about 100 points.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FFCC PFD Advice?

Call them. I had multiple accounts with them that were ddleted. They agreed on phone.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi scarl23

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My accounts with them were one for $45 and one for $68.  I think my wife had another one for $45 or so and they deleted that too.

Message 4 of 11
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My accounts with them were one for $45 and one for $68.  I think my wife had another one for $45 or so and they deleted that too.

How long did it take for it to be deleted?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not long. I think maybe a week or so to see them deleted.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 2 weeks since I paid, and the end of the month has gone, and it doesn't appear that any of those items were removed or even updated.

The rep I spoke to said this stuff would be updated at the beginning of the month, and that I would get a confirmation email with a copy of the deletion letter when it was sent. Haven't gotten that email, either.

Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You wont see a deleted account get updated on here. Something else needs to trigger the update and you would still need to pull another report. Are you using CK or CS as well?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm checking it via CK, which says it updated today. My score with TU went up 1 point, somehow. But other than that, nothing changed. I just signed up for CS, which shows the same thing as the TU report on CK.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Followup:

My Transunion and Equifax scores finally updated this week (according to CK). Transunion jumped 46 pts, and Equifax went up 27. Both are at 656 now.

The Transunion report shows the account as "paid."

The Equifax report shows the accounts as closed / $0.

But apparently, nothing was deleted, although I was told it would be.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.