Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally....a revolving credit card!!!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Finally....a revolving credit card!!!

I was getting truly depressed! After working really hard to get my scores in the 680's , I took the plunge and went on an app spree over the Labor Day Weekend.  Currently, I have a Chase Auto loan ( no lates) since April; 2 student loans ( no lates ) since forever but no revolving credit.  Smiley FrustratedI had a paid mortgage still showing but that was from 2004- I had 3 fed tax liens all paid/released from 2009 and 2 sm coll acct 1 from Asset Acceptance ( that I am currently disputing) the other scheduled to drop this month.

I tried Chase Freedom, Barclays Rewards, and a local credit union .....no no no.  Then, I re read some of the ideas from the posts.  I had received a pre-qual from JC Penney a few weeks before and I put it to the side.  Well, I just opened my email and my credit alert indicated that one of my disputes was being deleted but I also noted a new revolving credit account issued on Sept 14! JC Penney.Smiley LOL

The moral of the story is keep trying and never give up! I do regret the hard inquiry for Chase- I should have waited for a revolving account first.

FICO Lender PU 682 09/12

TU 676

Exp 672

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally....a revolving credit card!!!

Congrats!  It's a start!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I was getting truly depressed! After working really hard to get my scores in the 680's , I took the plunge and went on an app spree over the Labor Day Weekend.  Currently, I have a Chase Auto loan ( no lates) since April; 2 student loans ( no lates ) since forever but no revolving credit.  Smiley FrustratedI had a paid mortgage still showing but that was from 2004- I had 3 fed tax liens all paid/released from 2009 and 2 sm coll acct 1 from Asset Acceptance ( that I am currently disputing) the other scheduled to drop this month.

I tried Chase Freedom, Barclays Rewards, and a local credit union .....no no no.  Then, I re read some of the ideas from the posts.  I had received a pre-qual from JC Penney a few weeks before and I put it to the side.  Well, I just opened my email and my credit alert indicated that one of my disputes was being deleted but I also noted a new revolving credit account issued on Sept 14! JC Penney.Smiley LOL

The moral of the story is keep trying and never give up! I do regret the hard inquiry for Chase- I should have waited for a revolving account first.

FICO Lender PU 682 09/12

TU 676

Exp 672

Congratulations!  What credit monitoring do you use?  I'm not happy with mine.  It never sends good news, only inquiries and usully they come a week late.

Message 3 of 7
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

congrats keep up the positive work.

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's funny I just signed up through AAA's CreditCheck Select.  I am still waiting on the emails from the other 2 companies. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@fuzzybean wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

FICO Lender PU 682 09/12

TU 676

Exp 672

Congratulations!  What credit monitoring do you use?  I'm not happy with mine.  It never sends good new, only inquiries and usully they come a week late.

Hey fuzzybean,  Here's a thread that maybe helpful to you.....CMS Guide

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It must have taken just one! Cause last night I took the plunge and applied for the WalMart Discover dual card. Initially I got the dreaded ' thank you for applying...7-10 day response'  but I called the backdoor number and all they needed was to verify my information! I was declined for the Discover but I did accept the offer for a $700 cl.  I asked the CSR about my chances off getting the Discover. Her response was to wait 30 days and call the number on the back of the card! 

Guess, what I'll be doing in 30-45 days? Smiley Wink

Thanks again to all of you! I would not have had the nerve to try any of this without your guidance and support!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.