Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success With Verizon Wireless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success With Verizon Wireless

PLEASE PM or send VW info ; I've been trying to get them to delete PAID collection.  Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello -

I've been a long time reader, but a first time poster and I wanted to share my experience on my first GW letter.  I had a paid collections from May of 2008 with Verizon Wireless and was starting with GW letters to the collections that I've already paid (before I knew what a PFD was).  I sent out an e-mail on Friday to some associates who's information I actually found on this website, and received a call from an account executive from Verizon Wireless to let me know that they will be removing this tradeline from all 3 CRA!  I was very excited about this as this was my first time attempting anything like this; but know going forward it is likely that it won't be this easy.  My question is that he stated they will be sending me a letter of deletion for my records and will notify the CRA immediately; however, it could take them 45 to 60 days to change on my credit report.  Is this common?  Does it usually take that long to have something removed from my report?

Thanks for your help!

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PM me the Verizon Wireless email info?  I have a paid account I also need removed.  Thanks!

Message 22 of 32
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Fyi my husbands cousin works for verizon collections the reps don't have authority to delete it has to come from above emails ceos vps helps. We had one almost goto collect their error he could do nothing really tight about their rules.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any email addresses.  Do you know any of them?

@sarkell wrote:
Fyi my husbands cousin works for verizon collections the reps don't have authority to delete it has to come from above emails ceos vps helps. We had one almost goto collect their error he could do nothing really tight about their rules.

@sarkell wrote:

Message 24 of 32
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Also would LOVE the Verizon info if someone could PM pls

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 25 of 32
bugeater95
Established Member

I have a $35 collection on my report from 4 years ago, for a remaining amount on an Alltel (bought out by Verizon) account I thought I had paid off and then I moved and never received notice of the outstanding balance, in spite of mail forwarding, etc.  Found out after it was already on my credit report.  

I mailed a GW letter to Alltel offices last October and received reply that I would need to send it to Verizon instead.  Mailed GW letter to them, and nothing happened.  It is still on my reports.  Probably not affecting my score THAT much, but sure would like to have it off my reports.  

Would someone mind PM'ing me the address as well?  Thanks so much!

Message 26 of 32
Lasardo
Established Contributor

It's a shame you did not receive a statement from Alltel but unfortunately they would tell you a statement is a courtesy and not required.
When it comes to GW letters you may need to send as many as you can until someone replys.
I do wish I had contact information for Alltel but unfortunately I do not. I would post a new post to request information for one, someone is sure to have the information you need.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

could you please pm me the info too. thx.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing..Smiley LOL

Message 29 of 32
nikkiheaven
Contributor

Can someone please PM me this info. also?  Thanks!  I have a paid collection with them; would love to get it removed.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.