cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Code G (COLLECTION) anyone have an idea??

tag
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Grid Code G (COLLECTION) anyone have an idea??

i just recieved an alert from myfico and  eliminateidtheft 

one collection.... danm it cant believe i forgot about that electric bill i had... of course my score took a hard hit... anyone has any idea how tough is  ALLIANCEONE?  need this gone ASAP!! will call them tomorrow and see if they own the debt.. any ideas how i get to work with this guys  for a PFD??

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Grid Code G (COLLECTION) anyone have an idea??

There are two primary issues to consider.  One is satisfaction of the debt, and the other is credit scoring impact of the collection.

As for credit scoring, first determine when it is due for normal credit report exclusion.  For that, you need the DOFD on the OC account.

The collection will cease to appear in your CR after 7 yrs plus 180 days from DOFD.

What is the DOFD on the OC account?

As for satisfaction of the debt, any unpaid, delinquent debt can always resurface and become a problem in future quest for credit.

Credit report exclusion shields the debt from convenient discovery by a simple pull of your CR, but it can always be discovered by other means.

Thus, there is definate advantage to paying the debt.  However, if it is approaching its CR exclusion date, a PFD becomes less important, as it will soon be excluded by statute.  That may improve chances of acceptance of a settlement for less than the full debt.

Message 2 of 3
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Re: Grid Code G (COLLECTION) anyone have an idea??

DoFD is about 4 month ago was after my divorce i moved out of the house  and i guess she didnt pay the bill but since was on my name...

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.