I started out with:

5 public records

32 collections

2 student loans in default 

2 student loans paid off and everything reported is in good standing

1 tax lien

1 inquire

Since March when I started my major repair of my credit I now have:

1 public record (unpaid but getting very close to being paid off)

8 collections (2 paid for delete but not deleted yet, one will age off in July and the remaining 5 are medical that is a result of my one remaining judgment)

2 student loans in good standing

2 student loans rehabbed but the rehabb is not showing up yet

1 secured Visa for $500 but not reporting as secured.

2 inquires

I started out with a score of 553 and got it up to 615 and now it is back down to 554.  Why am I going backwards?  The scores are from this website.  

What do I do next?  I am working on paying off the judgment and hoping I can get them to delete the 5 remaining collections otherwise I will try the HIPPA process.  I am also hoping to get them to vacate the judgment.  I have had the Visa for 7 months and it is always reporting as good.  It does have about 40% utilization but I will pay that down to 0% this week.  Waiting on the DOE to pick up my loans and remove the default status.  My goal was to buy a house when I started this last year and now I am in no better shape and I have paid off nearly $100,000 in collections and judgments.

Would love some feedback!

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Grrrr - What am I doing wrong???

Message 2 of 4
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

It has been little drops every week for the past few months.  Nothing more than 5 pts at a time.

This past one was because all of a sudden one of my negative student loans started reporting twice.  I called DOE and they said it was a computer glitch and to dispute both the original account and the duplicate that showed this month.  I did that yesterday and today I got a score alert that my score dropped another 9 pts.  Last week when I got my score alert it was because the duplicate showed up and that dropped me 7 pts.  The week before I had a collection fall off and that dropped me 6 pts.  

I went 3 months with no change in scores and since December every week I keep falling.  Would all the collections coming off be affecting my AAOA?  If so, this is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation I am in.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.