Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! New Collection Account...LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! New Collection Account...LVNV

I am also in the same situation as most of you posters.  This LVNV just showed up on my report with dates of 8/2011 and first reported in November.  I called these wonderful people multiple times to ask them about this supposed debt.  Each time they gave me different information.  They said it was a sprint bill from 2004 and that DOFD was also in 2004.  I denied that this debt was mine and told them that the SOL for my state is 7 years.  I also immediately did a dispute online from which i haven't received a response yet.    My question is how can these people do this?  This supposed debt was never on my report in the first place.  Now its showing as a new debt from this year?   What steps should i take to get this removed? 

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 LVNV collections on my credit report. After reading through this thread and seeing tinuviel's results I was able to establish why my EX report was consistently 50 points higher than TU and EQ over the last 3 months. EX is reporting LVNV correctly has a regular Collection account while TU and EQ are reporting them as installment/Factoring Accounts. I've submitted disputes and waiting on a response. Hopefully I can get them cleared up.

LVNV hasn't yet responded to my PFD requests. Hoping for some good news soon.

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well EQ jumped up a few points while it is in dispute. LVNV updated the Experian listing as collections and not factoring...not sure of the score. Waiting on TU as well.

Still have not received one piece of mail regarding this debt.

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I happened to go home to my parents home this weekend...and what was there waiting for me, a letter from LVNV/Resurgent. I haven't resided there in years...and my CR is updated with my current address (I don't even think my parent's address even shows up on my CR!!). I'm guessing this was sent in response to my doing an online dispute with Experian because the letter is dated Dec. 12.

I don't have the documents in front of me so this is from memory I'll try to update my post later, but it stated something along the lines that Resurgent is collecting on behalf of LVNV and they included something that they entitled a debt validation letter (which included the account number, original creditor, and purchase date...so I guess that's sufficient).

So now where do I go from here? Again I know the debt is outside the SOL in the state of Texas, so I'm not concerned about legal action; I have the money to pay the debt in full so who do I send the PFD to? LVNV is what is actually showing up on my CR, but the letter says to pay Resurgent so should I PFD them? Would they even have the authority to enter into an agreement on the behalf of LVNV. Since I'm outside the SOL should I mention that in the PFD letter?

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the hell is going on??I'm in the SAME boat. My credit was great, I was pre-qualified for a mortgage and I was super happy. Then yesterday my mortgage broker told me I no longer qualified and when I inquired with Equifax I found this LVNV account. Date opened 8/11, date reported 11/11. I haven't called them to talk to them because I don't know if I'll actually get anywhere.

I'm not sure what to do. I fear that if I try to fight them they will sue me. If I dispute this with the credit agencies will they have this removed from my report?

I seriously need someone to tell me step-by-step what to do because I've NEVER had to deal with this before!

Message 45 of 50
MzDandylion0527
New Contributor

Just my two cents.

LVNV dropped my score 60+ points in November 2011 for an account that was so old it was supposed to fall off in December 2011 anyway. They tried to get $134.00 out of me for the entire 1 month they were able to report. I figured that since they knew I had been shopping for a mortgage (I had not opted out at that time), they just wanted to thwart my plans by any means necessary. Anyway, I'm thinking they just bought up a bunch of old accounts in an effort to drum up some cash. I'd say do a DV, it could be the account is so old its best to just wait for it to fall off. They can not report any longer than 7.5 years from the DOFD.

My Scores
2009 Below 500 on all scores
April 2011 585 EX 542 TU 516 EQ
Current Score
Aug 2011 630 EX 574 TU 551 EQ
Oct 2011 644 EX 602 TU 560 EQ
Dec 2011 654 EX 605 TU 590 EQ
Goal Score:
720 mid score by September 2012
60 point jump in 6 months!! Praise GOD
Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say DV, are you referring to a debt validation letter? I have one written up and I will mail it via certified mail tomorrow.

The SOL for NJ is six years. They are reporting that the debt is from 2/2006, so I'm hoping by Feb this will be dropped off of my report. Perhaps if they get my letter and then realize that the SOL is about to run out that they'll just drop it.

What has the overall experience been with sending this agency the request for validation?

I was also shopping for a mortgage. I guess that's their tactic - they can see that the mortgage company has made a credit inquiriy on our reports and then from that glean how desperate we are to keep our scores up. Therefore they basically make us walk the plank! "Pay us what you "owe" us or else we'll keep your score down and you'll never see that mortgage!"

Message 47 of 50
MzDandylion0527
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say DV, are you referring to a debt validation letter? I have one written up and I will mail it via certified mail tomorrow.

The SOL for NJ is six years. They are reporting that the debt is from 2/2006, so I'm hoping by Feb this will be dropped off of my report. Perhaps if they get my letter and then realize that the SOL is about to run out that they'll just drop it.

What has the overall experience been with sending this agency the request for validation?

I was also shopping for a mortgage. I guess that's their tactic - they can see that the mortgage company has made a credit inquiriy on our reports and then from that glean how desperate we are to keep our scores up. Therefore they basically make us walk the plank! "Pay us what you "owe" us or else we'll keep your score down and you'll never see that mortgage!"

If you call them, one of their phone options says something like "if you are a mortgage broker calling to settle a client account". So, my guess is they are trying to keep you from buying until they get paid.

My Scores
2009 Below 500 on all scores
April 2011 585 EX 542 TU 516 EQ
Current Score
Aug 2011 630 EX 574 TU 551 EQ
Oct 2011 644 EX 602 TU 560 EQ
Dec 2011 654 EX 605 TU 590 EQ
Goal Score:
720 mid score by September 2012
60 point jump in 6 months!! Praise GOD
Message 48 of 50
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

I finally got a deletion from Experian and Equifax.  I had to report them to the BBB. As I said earilier in the thread I had a suspision that they did not own the account as they claimed because I verified with Capital One (the OC)  that they sold it to a different CA in 2006. I also had a collection letter from the CA that accutually owned it.

Long story short, in their response to the BBB they claimed they in fact purchased it from another CA but after further investigation the account balance is $0. They said they would delete and they did within 24 hrs. Sounds fishy still to me.

I believe that if you search around in your collection notices you may find the same thing. Send a letter to the CO to find out exactly who they sold it to. Keep a paper trail and don't give up!

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 49 of 50
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

I'm currently having issues with this company.  They never validated and continue to charge interest.  I've sent letters to the BBB and the AG in my home state as well as theirs.  I received a response from the BBB stating the case was being closed due to me not responding but in the letter from the BBB it stated I had 45 days to responds (which is February 12th).  The AG in my home state has opened a case and allowed them 10 days to respond, so the clock is ticking.  I should receive something any day now.  I'm at a lost now but these folks are really getting on my last nerve.  Congrats on the deletion.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.