cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help sending DV letter to Jefferson Capital.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help sending DV letter to Jefferson Capital.

I am trying to repair my credit and one of my bad marks is Jefferson Capital from an old Verizon bill from 2015.  I have seen several people have luck by filing a complaint with BBB after sending a DV or PFD letter with no response.  What should I include in the DV letter and is there a good template to follow? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help sending DV letter to Jefferson Capital.

Check Inbox.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton!

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A DV must be timely in order to impose any limitation upon the debt collector.

If more than 30 days has expired since the debt collector sent their collection ("dunning") notice, then a DV is no longer timely, and can simply be ignored.  The post implies that the collection is not recent....

Additionally, there is no requirement under the FDCPA DV process that a debt collector ever respond to a DV request.

If timely, it imposes a cease collection bar, which prevents continued collection activities until they have first sent the requested validation.

They can choose not to respond, or delay response to any time of their choosing, as long as they dont continue active collection on the debt, such as by calls or written attempts to collect.

The normal process for seeking removal of a collection is to send the debt collector a pay for deletion offer, which if accepted will then commit the debt collector to report deletion upon receipt of your payment.  Acceptance of a PFD is usually difficult, and sending a DV and then asserting, incorrectly, that they have violated the statute by not responding to your DV is not likely to promote their willingness to grant a voluntary PFD.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice on where I can find a good template for a PFD to send?

Message 5 of 6
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Did this work for you and would you be able to share the letter you sent and where you sent it perhaps?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.