cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Remove Midland Credit Management from my EQ Credit Report?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Can I Remove Midland Credit Management from my EQ Credit Report?????

Midland filed suit (judgment)against me and I went to General Sessions Civil Court on April 2009 in Nashville, TN (Davidson County).  The hearing was continued to May 2009 and at that time the attorney for Mann Bracken spoke with me.  I advised him that the debt had not been validated and requested proof of the debt. The attorney said the debt was not collectible (he had no proof of the debt) and the case was closed Non Suit.  This was a debt for a Providian credit card account that was charged off in 2003.  Midland bought the debt and had been trying to collect prior to taking me to court.  After we went to court I thought the matter was resolved; I received no further contact or correspondence from Midland.  Then I checked my credit report in December 2009 and they were listed as an open collection account with all 3 credit bureaus.  I disputed and advised about the issue and the court results; Transunion deleted the account and Equifax requested that I submit the court documents.  I faxed Equifax the order from the court and also a letter requesting removal from my credit report by the Davidson County General Sessions Court.  Equifax then stated that the documents from the court are invalid and if I wanted the item deleted or removed then Midland would have to send a request to delete it from my credit file. I have contacted Midland's Consumer Relations department and they stated that they saw where I went to court, but no results are listed.  Mann Bracken is no longer in business.  I faxed Midland a copy of the court documents and am waiting a response.  I am at wits end with Equifax because I thought the court documents should have resolved the issue.  I did file a complaint with the FTC concerning Equifax. So I would be interested in any assistance anyone can provide in this matter. 
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.