Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFeeling very discouraged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IFeeling very discouraged

I've spent years rebuilding my credit, but apparently it still stinks.  It took a lot of effort to get a car loan, and i was recently declined for a capital one card.   I feel like i'm lost and don't know what to do.

I have a current student loan and auto loan with no lates (though the auto loan is fairly new)

I have 3 collections listed, all older and 2 paid off, the other paying down and thats 4.5 years old.

I have no revolving credit which i know kills me but i can't seem to get any.

What can I do to help myself.  I mean i'm not trying to make any extravagant purchases.  And i won't go in to debt to buy anything.  But i'm afraid for apartment hunting.

Where can I go to get a card that will report...do stores work, are they easier to get...like a jewelry store card, and will they report?

Please help, i'm just so worried i feel like i'll never get on the right track even though I am not being irresponsible

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IFeeling very discouraged

If you have money laying around that you aren't using for living expenses, I would suggest applying for a Secured card through either USBank or another reputable entity. I only suggest USBank because I had one with them and I know they report to all 3 CRA's.

I did recently cancel my card with them because after 3 years they wouldn't unsecure the card and there wasn't any real reason not to or maybe my timing was off. Other than that I had no problems with them at all. If I had still needed the card I would have just sent in more money to increase the limit.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For the 2 paid off collections, try sending GW letters and see if they will delete the TL.  Is it possible for you to PIF the remainder of the last collection?  If it is send the CA a PFD.

Any type of revolving account would be ok.  A store card, which Macy's is fairly easy to get, secured CC something like that.

If you can get those collections removed and even a secured CC you should see some sort of increase in score.

Repair first then rebuild.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried a secure card?

How old are the paid COLLs?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.