cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly reported current month leading to incorrect DOFD.

tag
baruke1

Incorrectly reported current month leading to incorrect DOFD.

The creditor is reporting that I was current in febuary of 2019 when in fact it was not. This is leading to a DOFD that is years later than in should be. I have disputed it directly with the company but they state that the DOFD is correct. I have records of my payment history and this account was absolutely not currect since 10/2016.

I am trying to figure out a simple way to use the payment history to prove that the account was not current on the days reported and correct the correct DOFD. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Incorrectly reported current month leading to incorrect DOFD.

@baruke1 wrote:

The creditor is reporting that I was current in febuary of 2019 when in fact it was not. This is leading to a DOFD that is years later than in should be. I have disputed it directly with the company but they state that the DOFD is correct. I have records of my payment history and this account was absolutely not currect since 10/2016.

I am trying to figure out a simple way to use the payment history to prove that the account was not current on the days reported and correct the correct DOFD. 

Since you have already challenged it with the creditor themselves with no action your next step is to file a CFPB complaint and upload your evidence and demand that it be reported correctly or deleted.

Message 2 of 3
baruke1

Re: Incorrectly reported current month leading to incorrect DOFD.

Thank you! I submitted the complaint this morning. Hopefully this works.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.