Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an opportunity???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this an opportunity???

My collection is now reporting under Portfolio closed, portfolio open and the original owner depending on bureau. When Disputed the original even sent a letter saying it was sold to portfolio, but the dispute went to them because they are reporting. How can I get the original owner to let me pay for delete with them as they are on my TU report so I can then submit that to all three bureaus to be removed? Phone, letter, sending a check with conditions written on it? What would you do because we know Portfolio sucks with working with people? :-) :-) :-)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is this an opportunity???

If the original creditor has sold the debt to a debt collector, they can no longer accept any payment, as you no longer have any debt with them.

When an OC sells a debt to a debt collector, they are requried to immediately update their reported debt balance on their account to $0.

That does not mean that the debt is paid.  It means that there is no longer a debt owed to them.

You cannot offer a PFD to a creditor after they have sold the debt.

Any payment must be made to the new owner, and any payment made to them is not basis for requring deletion of the OC account or of its reporting or prior derogs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.