Judgement DELETED!

tag
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Judgement DELETED!

Public Record Information

SOURCE DOCKET NUMBER RESULTS
CIVIL JUDGMENTDOCKET# XXXXXXXXXXXDELETED

YAY! Disputed judgement with Transunion about 2 weeks ago, didnt even have to request verification or anything, they just deleted it! Equifax denied my dispute saying it was valid, and already mailed in a request for means of verification, so waiting for that to come back!

The judgement was from a case dealing with a old apartment that we terminated the contract early and they sued us for 3 months rent, they only got 1 but it went up on the CR as a judgement against me :-(

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
igids1
Regular Contributor

Re: Judgement DELETED!

How did you dispute it? By mail, online? I have a vacated judgment that I've just sent in disputes by mail, so Im waiting (unpatiently) for the results!

Message 2 of 10
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

I went onto transunion.com and disputed it on there. For equifax i did it through equifax.com and mailed in the verification letter.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 3 of 10
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

I also called the court office that handled the case and the woman i spoke to there said that there is no way for them to verify the case because the courts DO NOT verify for any reason. She said they simply could not handle the amount of calls that would then call asking for verification so they dont verify anything.

Message 4 of 10
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Does the court house have record of a recorded judgment against you?  If so then your obligation to pay is still there even if not on your credit report and depending on where you live and property owned it could definitely come back to bite you.

The woman at the court house is correct, they do not verify anything with the CRA's, the CRA's use a vendor like Lexis Nexis to verify public records.

Keep in mind also that some judgments can be renewed, which would make it reappear when it is, and some states allow for garnishment of wages etc.

Message 5 of 10
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Oh I've already paid the judgement, sorry should've said that, I was just trying to get it removed completely for credit purposes.

Message 6 of 10
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I have a judgement from when I had to break my lease because of a medical issue. They filed a judgement and I have a public record on 2 reports. I also have a collection on all 3 for 7K, but the public record is for $930. Should I try to dispute? They are due to drop off 7/15. Thanks for any advice!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Shiva78
Contributor

@ImprovingYouth wrote:

I went onto transunion.com and disputed it on there. For equifax i did it through equifax.com and mailed in the verification letter.

Congrats.  What was your reason for disputing?  I have a paid judgement I'd love to have removed as well.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! 😊
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.