Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Getting Started Repairing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Getting Started Repairing

Greetings, and Thanks in advance for all the helpful post, I learned so much.

My situation is this, all accounts are in charge off. I will spare you the sab story of job lost and husband departing this world.

Questions:

1. BofA credit card balance $473 pay in full or make monthly payments, OR PFD first? " for 3 years, was paid on time never late until my world crashed in 2013 paid $1000 on the dept."

2. Medical bill $86 PFD first or just pay in full?

3 Is there a credit score benefit to making monthly payments vs lump sum on charge offs?

I have created my DV's Can I just send to all creditors, and wait to see who might not reply Then send PFDs?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just Getting Started Repairing

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings, and Thanks in advance for all the helpful post, I learned so much.

My situation is this, all accounts are in charge off. I will spare you the sab story of job lost and husband departing this world.

Questions:

1. BofA credit card balance $473 pay in full or make monthly payments, OR PFD first? " for 3 years, was paid on time never late until my world crashed in 2013 paid $1000 on the dept." You can try the PFD first, OCs are real tough to get to do it, its mainly a CA tactic.

2. Medical bill $86 PFD first or just pay in full? Options are: 1. Call the OC ask them to recall the debt from the CA and pay them off in full directly.  2. Send a PFD offer to the CA  3. Google and use the HIPAA Process since its medical.

3 Is there a credit score benefit to making monthly payments vs lump sum on charge offs? Paying it off in full stops monthly updating of lowered balance, it still looks like a new CO in Ficos eyes every time the new balance is reported, you want it to age so your score can begin to recover.

I have created my DV's Can I just send to all creditors, and wait to see who might not reply Then send PFDs? DVs only go to CAs they do not get sent to any OCs. Sorry for your loss and welcome to My FIco Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Getting Started Repairing

wow such wonderful service.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Heart

phase 2 locate email addresses to send letters to. Anyone have BofA or Chase contact info please inbox me.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.