Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Responded to Dispute

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

LVNV Responded to Dispute

I have two LVNV collections I disputed with Experian.  I did just experian first to see what the result would be before I did the other TU and EQ.

The results of the investigation only changed the reporting in the Account History section.  They used to say "collection since April of 2008" and "colleciton since January of 2009"  Now they both say "collection since June of 2013".  

Does this make it look and report like a new collection?  Will this help or hurt me? 

Also:  I as I mentioned above, I only disputed with Experian but now TU is reporting it the same way and with the Customer Disputes comment.  If I didn't dispute with TU, can they do that?  We are getting a mortgage and I can't have disputes all over the place.  This is getting messy.

Thank you for any insights.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: LVNV Responded to Dispute

@ndkblondie wrote:

I have two LVNV collections I disputed with Experian.  I did just experian first to see what the result would be before I did the other TU and EQ.

The results of the investigation only changed the reporting in the Account History section.  They used to say "collection since April of 2008" and "colleciton since January of 2009"  Now they both say "collection since June of 2013".  

Does this make it look and report like a new collection?  Will this help or hurt me? 

Also:  I as I mentioned above, I only disputed with Experian but now TU is reporting it the same way and with the Customer Disputes comment.  If I didn't dispute with TU, can they do that?  We are getting a mortgage and I can't have disputes all over the place.  This is getting messy.

Thank you for any insights.

With the trade line not being reported for that long. With a dispute and they responded will significantly hurt your score as FICO now see's it as a new collection. What they do is send a UDF=Universal Data Form to all 3 CRA's to update their Trade Line with each CRA.  You will need to call LVNV and tell them to remove the dispute comments as you are not disputing it anymore. But I can say your scores might have taken a big hit with them updating their Trade Line.

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 4
ndkblondie
Contributor

What can I do about the way they are now reporting it as a new collection.  Are they allowed to do this?   It's inaccurate reporting.  I disputed that this debt was reporting incorrect payment history so they just erased all the old data and put the current date.  This is not good, we are in a crunch to get this stuff handled.

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@ndkblondie wrote:

What can I do about the way they are now reporting it as a new collection.  Are they allowed to do this?   It's inaccurate reporting.  I disputed that this debt was reporting incorrect payment history so they just erased all the old data and put the current date.  This is not good, we are in a crunch to get this stuff handled.

Anytime you dispute an old collection account even a charge-off they have the right to correct any inaccuracies within the Trade Line itself. So by them updating their trade line is not a violation of the FCRA. Contact them and ask to remove the dispute comments as you are no longer disputing the trade line. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.