Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 60 points overnight - and nothing in my CRA file changed

tag
Geordi
Regular Contributor

Re: Lost 60 points overnight - and nothing in my CRA file changed

@Anonymous wrote:

I found out why I lost the 60 points and I just don't f$%@ing believe it.

It seems one of my 4 derogs aged off my credit file. Yep, I went from 4 charge offs to 3 and lost 60 points in the process. At 60 points a charge off and 3 more to go by July I should actually OWE FICO points since I am within 180 points of the rock-bottom score. Is this a Ponzi scheme or what? Add a good trade line you get a dozen points. Pay off your mortgage you lose 40 points. Lose a charge off and you lose 60 points.

Hrmmm,

Sounds like to me that when your 'Charge Off' aged off of your credit reports, your AAoA decreased significantly.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think my AAoA changed at all because only OPEN accounts are looked at in AAoA, or at least that is what I was told when I lost 40 points when I paid off my mortgage - I lost a 7 year old good paying account. If Charged Off accounts are still counted in AAoA then yes, I lost some, but there are still some left on my file that, while closed, are considerably older than the one that aged off so it would not have been that much of a drop in AAoA - but I doubt very much that closed accounts are counted in the AAoA calculation

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think my AAoA changed at all because only OPEN accounts are looked at in AAoA, or at least that is what I was told when I lost 40 points when I paid off my mortgage - I lost a 7 year old good paying account. If Charged Off accounts are still counted in AAoA then yes, I lost some, but there are still some left on my file that, while closed, are considerably older than the one that aged off so it would not have been that much of a drop in AAoA - but I doubt very much that closed accounts are counted in the AAoA calculation

Vantage 3 scores only count open accounts for your AAOA FICO however includes all accounts showing on your report open or closed, but still I doubt that a lower AAOA would drop you 60 points.
Message 13 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Vantage 3 scores only count open accounts for your AAOA FICO however includes all accounts showing on your report open or closed, but still I doubt that a lower AAOA would drop you 60 points.

Fico includes only open and closed OC accounts PRs and CAs not included in AAOA

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mystery deepens. Once again, nothing changed in my cred file CK gives weekly recalcs of their score.

This week I got back 23 of the 60 points I lost last week in my EFX score and at the same time lost 60 in my TU score. I wish there was a way to attach screen shots of this nonsense because if I didn't see it myself I wouldn't believe it.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.