Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Myfico Alert = SCARY!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Myfico Alert = SCARY!!!

I received an alert for Equifax that shows my score went up 4 points. The scary part is that it is for a 4.25% mortgage on a 30-year loan that I do not have nor is any mortgage loan showing on my Equifax report. Has anyone else had this problem?Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Myfico Alert = SCARY!!!

That is, indeed, scary.

If you don't own that mortgage, dispute it immediately. It could be a simple data entry error or it could be identity theft.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to the scare, I purchased an update on my reports. I do not see a mortgage account nor inquiry anywhere in my reports. I have sent an inquiry to MyFico customer service to see if they could help.

Message 3 of 7
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

This kind of thing practically keeps me awake at night on occasion.  lol  A friend of mine recently had 4 accounts opened in his name at Verizon that he knew nothing about until they came calling & looking for late payments.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has me very worried. I plan to give Equifax a call as soon as I leave the office. On my updated report from today, I show no mortgage loan or inquiry.

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it has me very worried. I plan to give Equifax a call as soon as I leave the office. On my updated report from today, I show no mortgage loan or inquiry.

3rd party pullers sometimes make mistakes, if you pulled CR directly at the CRA and dont see it then its an error, you can call a MF rep and let them know if you wish.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, gdale6. I will give them a call.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.