cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I am so mad. How did I miss these things on my reports?? Any advice to quickly correct?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG I am so mad. How did I miss these things on my reports?? Any advice to quickly correct?

Here I sit, a midscore of 677 on my mortgage FICOs as of today and REALLY need to get it up to 680. I'd been puzzled as to why my Experian report said my last deliquency was 7 months ago when I've had no late payments in a year.But I could not figure out what was causing it. If only I had looked more closely, I would have realzied my old electric company had changed my charge off date when I paid the bill, dropping my score 25 points (I had Experian monitoring at the time so what they did is very clear). I'm now trying to get TXU to fix it but people are not calling me back. And then I look at my Equifax report. Somehow I completely missed that Target was not reporting correctly to them and showed my account was currently delinquent and charged off (not paid)..

OMG I have to get these fixed asap. I have a dispute open for Experian but have just spoken directly with Target, not Equifax. What do I do? Send intent to sue letters? Gack.

5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: OMG I am so mad. How did I miss these things on my reports?? Any advice to quickly correct?

The post references both an old electric company and Target as having reported a charge-off.

Did both report an inaccurate charge-off?

Additionally, it is not necessarily inaccurate to report a CO on a paid account.

If the account was delinquent and charged-off prior to it being paid, then the reporting could be accurate.

The date shown in your credit report is ony when they chose to report a charge-off.  They do not report the actual date that did that accounting measure.

Thus, reporting of a CO after the debt is paid is not the same as reporting that it was charged-off after the debt was paid.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG I am so mad. How did I miss these things on my reports?? Any advice to quickly correct?

Target does not report as paid to Equifax, and continues to say I am over 90 days late each month.

On March 18th, my charge off date was 3/1/2013 and same month had a failure to pay status. When they reflected the account as paid the next day, they also changed the charge off date to 3/1/2016 - never mind that on 3/1/2016, it was listed as 3/1/2013. Failure to pay in history also changed to 3/2016. Either they were reporting inaccurately on 3/1 through 3/18, or have been since 3/19/2016.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly does it say next to the date? If it's "Date of status" or "Date Updated" there is no error.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they are deleting from all credit bureaus. Yay!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Txu that is.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.