cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old 3-in-1 CR shows OC's DOFD as 06/02 but CRA won't remove TL. What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old 3-in-1 CR shows OC's DOFD as 06/02 but CRA won't remove TL. What next?

Hi all,

I have an old True Credit 3-in-1 CR that shows the DOFD as 06/2002 on one of my accounts. This is being reported by the OC on the EQ section of the 3-in-1 report.

As of today, the OC is no longer reporting to EQ but a CA (Midland) is and they have my DOFD as 10/2002. Obviously, they re-aged the account. 

So, I sent a dispute (by fax) to EQ and attached the old True Credit 3-in-1 report as proof the debt was re-aged. I just received my dispute results back from EQ and didn't delete the TL. So I have a few questions:

1) Is a 3-in-1 report from another company (True Credit is a TU 3-in-1 report) sufficient evidence where that should have been removed?

2) What should be my next steps?

Normally I would just wait until 10/2009 when the account would drop-off but I'm due to close on a house in 09/2009 and would love to have this TL removed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Old 3-in-1 CR shows OC's DOFD as 06/02 but CRA won't remove TL. What next?

1. No, CRAs will not accept even a direct report from another CRA as evidence in a dispute.

2. You can request records from the OC, such as statements from the time you went delinquent.  If that doesn't work you can request records on the OC from the CRA, but I do believe that requires a fee. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.