Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD question - Please help

tag
electra
Established Contributor

PFD question - Please help

Asking this in a new thread:

One of my collections is by NCO Financial for DirecTV.   I contacted NCO to inquire about the account and whether I could still return the box. They connected me with DirecTV who basically wouldn't budge on the ridiulous amount they wanted for early contract end (my Ex moved out and took the only television) and return of the box.  After I hung up I received a letter from NCO with an option to settle for 52%.  The instructions and form I have to send the payment toDirecTV. Should I send a PFD letter like the one here and offer the 52% if they delete?    If so, do I send it to DirecTV or NCO?   If I send it to DirecTV and they agree to PFD will NCO keep reporting it to CRA? If NCO is the one who reported it, can DirecTV delete it?

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD question - Please help

Try to sweeten the pot maybe offer 65% in exchange for deletion
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@beb86 wrote:
Try to sweeten the pot maybe offer 65% in exchange for deletion

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

Great, thanks guys!!  So, can DirecTV delete if the report is from NCO? (They seem like they are one and the same given when I talked to NCO they conferenced me in with DirecTV and then they are saying I should send payment to DirecTV).

Message 4 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

*Bump*

Anyone?

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the reporting of the collection is the adverse item you want deleted, only the party who reported it can report its deletion.

REgardless of who they may instruct payment be directed to, it is their agreement for CR deletion that you seek.  So who you mail a check to is not the issue, it is the agreement of deletion by the debt collector.

If the OC has also reported negative info on their account, such as a CO, then you could alternately decide to direct your PFD offer to them, directed at their reporting.

Most consumers would consider the reporting of a collection as the more serious, and thus seek deletion of the collection rather than preceding OC reporting.

You PFD one, and then ask for GW deletion from the other.

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

PFDs, like GWs, only go to whomever is reporting the debt.

Message 7 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

Thanks guys!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.