cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay extra on current acct for GW late deletes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay extra on current acct for GW late deletes?

Has anyone had success with this?  The account I'm referencing is a current account through Synchrony that started at about $9000 in 2012 and has been paid down to $4400 over the last few years.  During that time period I've been hit with 3 lates on my credit reports... two 30's and one 60 all in 2014 - perfect history since then.  I've sent 2 rounds of GW letters to 3 different Synchrony addresses in Feb and March and did not hear back from any of them or see any GW adjustments on my credit reports.

I'm wondering if I could call up and offer a good sized payment in exchange for a GW adjustment on these 3 lates.  Has anyone tried this?  I was figuring I could offer to pay off 50% of the remaining balance, ~$2200 if they'd make this adjustment.  Is this a bad idea?  If it's worth trying, I'd certainly need to get in writing that the payment would result in GW deletes, right?  I wouldn't want to put that money out there and then get no adjustment. 

Anyway if this is worth trying, is it best I do it over the phone or should I just add this condition to my next round of GW letters and see if I hear back? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay extra on current acct for GW late deletes?

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had success with this?  The account I'm referencing is a current account through Synchrony that started at about $9000 in 2012 and has been paid down to $4400 over the last few years.  During that time period I've been hit with 3 lates on my credit reports... two 30's and one 60 all in 2014 - perfect history since then.  I've sent 2 rounds of GW letters to 3 different Synchrony addresses in Feb and March and did not hear back from any of them or see any GW adjustments on my credit reports.

I'm wondering if I could call up and offer a good sized payment in exchange for a GW adjustment on these 3 lates.  Has anyone tried this?  I was figuring I could offer to pay off 50% of the remaining balance, ~$2200 if they'd make this adjustment.  Is this a bad idea?  If it's worth trying, I'd certainly need to get in writing that the payment would result in GW deletes, right?  I wouldn't want to put that money out there and then get no adjustment. 

Anyway if this is worth trying, is it best I do it over the phone or should I just add this condition to my next round of GW letters and see if I hear back? 

Thank you.

In all honesty I dont think offering them more money for a GW is going to matter. I would again try the GW letter on the merits minus this offer only this time to the office of the CEO. There is no requirement that they answer a GW letter so you need to keep trying until you get what you are after I recommend no more than once a month or even once every other month. Just be honest in your request for the GW as to you are sorry that it happened and point out your good payment history since your last late.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4423125

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It might have some impact if offered to the right person,, but likely not if simply made in a letter that will be opened by a clerk.

Fist line employees may have little concern for the bigger picture.

I would obtain the name of a mangement official, and make your enhanced offer to him or her.

Message 3 of 4
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Let me know if you make any progress...just wen through something similiar with this bank...

Read my last post...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Involuntary-Account-Closure/td-p/4348278

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.