Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Estimate this Equifax Score

tag
panicattack
Valued Member

Please Help Me Estimate this Equifax Score

I am trying to make sense of my Equifax credit report FICO score.  If you have a moment, please read my situation and actions taken and give me your best guess.

Here are my tradelines...

Credit Cards: 6 with a total CL of $3,475.  My balance is $0 on all cards.

Auto: 2 loans, one four years old with a $6,000 balance, the other two months old with $31,000 balance.

Here are my baddies...

Credit Cards:

- One 30 day late in December 2012.  No other late payments since mid 2011.

Collections:

- I have 1 for an old cable bill

- I have 8 medical collections

Public:

- California State Tax Lien for $1212

My Actions...

- The tax lien was filed in error by the state.  I have managed to get them to admit this and withdraw the lien.  I faxed the letter stating it was an error to Equifax and am awaiting their investigation to complete.

- The cable bill was paid and CA requested it be removed from my file last week.  It has yet to be removed.

- The medical bills should be withdrawn from the CAs.  I made payment direct to the original creditor (hospital) and they were supposed to withdraw them from the CAs.

Current Score: 561

Can anybody suggest what my score might be after all the collections and the lien are removed?  I realize it would be a guess, but based on your experience and knowledge, I would appreciate some educated guesses.  Thanks!

Start 2013 500s
Current: EX: 742 EQ: 599 TU: 725 (in the garden until 2015)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Please Help Me Estimate this Equifax Score

You do not want all your credit cards reporting a $0 bal. Fico doesn't like to see that. Just keep them between 1-9% UTIL. I would keep your smallest limit card at a $0 bal.

Message 2 of 8
panicattack
Valued Member

Thank you, DaBears!  I will rectify this ASAP.  Any bump guesses on my original question? 

Start 2013 500s
Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@panicattack wrote:

I am trying to make sense of my Equifax credit report FICO score.  If you have a moment, please read my situation and actions taken and give me your best guess.

Here are my tradelines...

Credit Cards: 6 with a total CL of $3,475.  My balance is $0 on all cards.

Auto: 2 loans, one four years old with a $6,000 balance, the other two months old with $31,000 balance.

Here are my baddies...

Credit Cards:

- One 30 day late in December 2012.  No other late payments since mid 2011.

Collections:

- I have 1 for an old cable bill

- I have 8 medical collections

Public:

- California State Tax Lien for $1212

My Actions...

- The tax lien was filed in error by the state.  I have managed to get them to admit this and withdraw the lien.  I faxed the letter stating it was an error to Equifax and am awaiting their investigation to complete.

- The cable bill was paid and CA requested it be removed from my file last week.  It has yet to be removed.

- The medical bills should be withdrawn from the CAs.  I made payment direct to the original creditor (hospital) and they were supposed to withdraw them from the CAs.

Current Score: 561

Can anybody suggest what my score might be after all the collections and the lien are removed?  I realize it would be a guess, but based on your experience and knowledge, I would appreciate some educated guesses.  Thanks!

You will see a very nice bump when the tazx lien gets removed. If the the collections are recent then you will also get a nice bump. I can't say exactly what it will be but it should be pretty nice. Anything else bad on your report?

Message 4 of 8
panicattack
Valued Member

You will see a very nice bump when the tazx lien gets removed. If the the collections are recent then you will also get a nice bump. I can't say exactly what it will be but it should be pretty nice. Anything else bad on your report?

Nope, nothing else bad recently.  I have some 30 and one 60 from 2011 and 2010, but I don't think they are effecting me.

Start 2013 500s
Message 5 of 8
Jaxavier
New Contributor

You do not want all your credit cards reporting a $0 bal. Fico doesn't like to see that. Just keep them between 1-9% UTIL. I would keep your smallest limit card at a $0 bal.

Why does FICO not like a zero balance/zero utilization on revolving lines?

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Jaxavier wrote:

Why does FICO not like a zero balance/zero utilization on revolving lines?

What would be the point of having a credit card if your not using it? defeats the purpose. You want to use your cards smart, but wisely!!!!!

Message 7 of 8
Jaxavier
New Contributor

So folks who pay their credit card accounts in full several times a month that happen to be at zero when the creditor reports actually get penalized? Wow. Guess ill start leaving 1% on the table for now on, always thought I was doing the right thing by using them a lot during the month and paying off constantly.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.