cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

I sent a dv letter and direct dispute no luck!! Sent email to the consumer complaint email and got response in TWO hours that my account would be deleted from all three bureaus!!!!! I love this forum!!
Message 1 of 710
709 REPLIES 709
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

Awesome!  Glad it was that easy for you! My guess is they couldn't validate, which is why they didn't respond.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep they validated but I did a direct dispute challenging the way it was reporting. It was listed as a revolving acct with past due monthly payments! Collection accounts cannot do that. Found the new magic email address for immediate results. Anyone that needs it pm me.
Message 3 of 710
Shokk
Established Contributor

I got them deleted for the same reason, but used the CFPB.  Gone from 2 reports, still waiting on EQ.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

They are so shady. I cannot believe they actually get away with those type of practices!
Message 5 of 710
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I sent a dv letter and direct dispute no luck!! Sent email to the consumer complaint email and got response in TWO hours that my account would be deleted from all three bureaus!!!!! I love this forum!!

Congrats on the deletion Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 710
rose921
New Contributor

You are sooo lucky! I paid them in full before knowing any better. I've tried GW 's tried complaint w their Obudsman, and just received BBB complaint response today saying they are not in control with how the CRA interpret the info they send them , blah blah blah. I'm going with the CFPB next. Seriously !! They will be obsolete within the next year but they are one of my last CAs and I want it gone even if it is paid.
Message 7 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well sorry you are having such trouble. The Obudsman is who resolved it for me. I sent him a copy of my direct dispute letter and credit report entry. Told him he was my LAST resort before I escalated it to the proper authorities. He responded with the deletion in two hrs
Message 8 of 710
rose921
New Contributor

Can you pm me the email address you used? I tried the Obudsman route back in April. Maybe I'll give that another shot before going to the CFPB. Thanks so much!
Message 9 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sent rose921
Message 10 of 710
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.