Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Portfolio Recovery

I have two seperate collections with Portfolio Recovery.  One is for around $1900 and the other is for roughly $1400.  They are both credit card debts.  My question is how do I know when the DOFD is when the actual credit accounts are no longer showing on my credit report.  The collections listed on my report do not give much information and I have no way of knowing whether the amounts are accurate.  I have enough to offer a settlement amount for one of the collections but not both.  I'm worried that if I don't handle this soon I will receive a court summons which I want to avoid.  What should I do?  I'm afraid of contacting them although they are actively trying to collect on the debt.  What should be my first step?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
2 REPLIES 2
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery

anyone?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2 of 3
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery

Your annual credit reports should give you the estimated debt of removal which is based off of DOFD. You can also reach out yo the original creditor. I had Portfolio Recovery with OC Cap1. I reached out to Cap1 to give me the DOFD. 

Reaching out out to PR and getting information you will not reset anything. Based on the DOFD will dictate if you are still under SOL. If you are still under SOL, then starting a payment plan and defaulting on it would restart it. Settling the debt for less than owed will not restart the SOL or reporting. The CA is more willing to settle outside of SOL. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.