Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio and pfd confusion....ugh!

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Portfolio and pfd confusion....ugh!

I've been begging portfolio for a pfd....they keep saying they legally can't do that. Well, a supervisor talked to me a few days ago and said all they can do is report accurately and after they update, it is up to me to del with the CRA to get it off my credit report. Se couldn't tell me how to do that since she doesn't work for them,but that I have to deal with the CRA after its paid.

Because we are trying for a mortgage, I don't need any disputes. I'm unsure if she was telling me to dispute as soon as I pay or just making excuses. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Portfolio and pfd confusion....ugh!

@jzsnow wrote:
I've been begging portfolio for a pfd....they keep saying they legally can't do that. Well, a supervisor talked to me a few days ago and said all they can do is report accurately and after they update, it is up to me to del with the CRA to get it off my credit report. Se couldn't tell me how to do that since she doesn't work for them,but that I have to deal with the CRA after its paid.

Because we are trying for a mortgage, I don't need any disputes. I'm unsure if she was telling me to dispute as soon as I pay or just making excuses. Any ideas?

A PIF will look much better than a unpaid debt to a mortgage lender. I have dealt with PRA in the past, they are a real pain. If they wanted to they could if they wish to delete their trade line once they receive paid in full. They are in my opinion have poor collection practices. I had to hire my consumer attorney to deal with them. They are not so tough when they receive a demand letter Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
fwill5rn
New Contributor

Re: Portfolio and pfd confusion....ugh!

I've been having the same issue with PRA.   I was speaking to my sister and she told me that she had a couple of collectiions with them that she paid. 

She said they refused to delete them but after paying, they fell off her report in about two months.  I don't know if this has happened to anyone else.  They're really tough to deal with. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.