cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about fraud affidavit, Help please..

tag
Spursfan
New Contributor

Question about fraud affidavit, Help please..

So I have been disputing an account with a collection agency and they have never responded to any of my letters until I got my AG involved.  They have been unable to provide me any information about a particular debt. Now they are asking me to fill out a fraud affidavit in order to remove the account. I am reluctant to give them any info as I know how dirty CA's can be.  My question is should I fill it out and give them the info since this is not my account? What to do, what to do?  Help someone Please!!!
09/04/08 Transunion 617 Equifax 577 Experian 585 09/23/08 Transunion 610 Equifax 617 Experian ?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about fraud affidavit, Help please..

Sounds like they are asking you to certify that fraud is involved in this account.

Is the issue that you don't know if this is your account because they haven't provided you with anything on it?  Could it be your account?  Do you think someone stole your identity?

If it is fraud, or identity theft, then you can write your own affidavit (or take the one from FTC) that has the relevant information about this not being your account, that your id was stolen (or whatever).  You don't have to use their form.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.