Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about lates vs entire acct being removed

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Question about lates vs entire acct being removed

I have 8 student loans opened between 2009-2011. Close/paid status in 2015. They have some lates left over from end of 2014 beginning of 2015. So i was wondering, would early exclusion be able to be utilized here or would the fall off date go by when the loan was close? which would be 2025? 

Also, if i could get them completely removed, would the loss of lates offset the fact that the loans are my only older tradelines? Or would it benefit me more to just let them age off and keep the acct? Im very anxious to get them off. Exerian already removed all the lates but TU and EQ has not. I wasnt going to bother with EQ but i know TU is pretty could with early removals. Can i just get the lates EE'd?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Even tho i been here awhile i still have questions!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about lates vs entire acct being removed

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

I have 8 student loans opened between 2009-2011. Close/paid status in 2015. They have some lates left over from end of 2014 beginning of 2015. So i was wondering, would early exclusion be able to be utilized here or would the fall off date go by when the loan was close? No, each of those lates will drop at the 7 yr mark until the account becomes a total positive which would be 2025? 

Also, if i could get them completely removed, would the loss of lates offset the fact that the loans are my only older tradelines? Or would it benefit me more to just let them age off and keep the acct? Im very anxious to get them off. Exerian already removed all the lates but TU and EQ has not. I wasnt going to bother with EQ but i know TU is pretty could with early removals. Can i just get the lates EE'd? EE is only good on accounts that have been COed or are othewise derogs in total like CAs and BKs What you owant to do here is ask for the lates to be removed in a goodwill letter request for such

Any input is greatly appreciated. Even tho i been here awhile i still have questions!

Message 2 of 3
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Re: Question about lates vs entire acct being removed

@gdale6 Yeah ive been there done that with Navient. They absolutely refuse to remove them so i am just waiting. Theres only 2 left on each loan on TU and they should fall off by september ish im just being impatient bc I have seen what my clean experian file looks like and its beautiful LOL...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.