Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring my credit, my health, and my sanity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restoring my credit, my health, and my sanity

I have been a lurker on this board for many months and cannot begin to thank you all for the valuable eduction I have recieved. With your advice I have been able complete two pay for deletes in the past 30 days.  Applied and approved for Discovery IT (1,200), Capital 1 (500) and a secured card through USAA. My credit score jumped from an embarrasing 480 across the board to  TU 630, Experian 585,and Equfax  625.

I am currently preparing to submit another pay for delete letter and need some advice. I have two accounts (both medical) with the same collection agency. The first account is due to age out 12/15 (I do not wish to pay this one), the second is from 2014 and will be with me for a ling time. How can I request a deletion for the second collection without agreeing to pay for the one due to age out 12/15?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Restoring my credit, my health, and my sanity

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a lurker on this board for many months and cannot begin to thank you all for the valuable eduction I have recieved. With your advice I have been able complete two pay for deletes in the past 30 days.  Applied and approved for Discovery IT (1,200), Capital 1 (500) and a secured card through USAA. My credit score jumped from an embarrasing 480 across the board to  TU 630, Experian 585,and Equfax  625.

I am currently preparing to submit another pay for delete letter and need some advice. I have two accounts (both medical) with the same collection agency. The first account is due to age out 12/15 (I do not wish to pay this one), the second is from 2014 and will be with me for a ling time. How can I request a deletion for the second collection without agreeing to pay for the one due to age out 12/15?

They are typically 2 different collections not one mixed together, here are the steps you should follow with medical debts:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.