Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Long AFNI!!! You WON'T BE MISSED!

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

SO Long AFNI!!! You WON'T BE MISSED!

emailed afni on Tuesday to tell them since they couldn't/Wouldnt validate the alleged debt, they were indeed in violation of Fair credit reporting.

Got email back that afternoon and they apologized for any inconvience and said they would have the TL deleted within 30 days.

Checked my truecredit.com today, and it's GONE!!!!

PEACE OUT AFNI!!! you wont be dealing with this former Credit Schmuck again.He has been replaced with a "credit smartie pants!!"

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: SO Long AFNI!!! You WON'T BE MISSED!

SCHWEET!!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Watch out for that score bump!  
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

4 more baddies to go!

2 of them did not respond to my DV's within 30 days, so I sent second letters to them stating the same that I told AFNI. 1 of the letters was an Email to the CEO which has been read by him already.

1 of them has been validated, DARN!!! So I am going to try to send funds electronically to the OC and see what happens.(see next paragraph)

The last one was not validated by the ca as of yet, but the 30days hasnt come yet. I contacted the OC to try to pay it but thet said they could not accecpt payment because the system wouldnt allow it (they did take payment for another account that was held by the same ca) and the ca tl dropped off within days..

Message 3 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Keep on 'em.... til they drop like a bad habit!!  Smiley Wink
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hey One Boss, AFNI tried to go after me for a debt that was already paid to an OC. I spent five hours on PROVING that the debt was paid. I freaked out on the phone - after I showed them my bank account and the fact that Verizon reported me as paid, closed, never late, they asked for a receipt of payment. I told the the chick, what kind of utility company sends you a receipt when you pay over the phone. yes, I probably did get a confirmation number, but this is back from March of 2006.

I turned them in to the BBB....telling me my bank account showing the amount paid by phone to verzion wasn't good enough. please. 

I told them, looks like you guys got the bad end of the stick. Verizon sold you an account that was already paid. haa haa haa..no debt to collect on.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Intuitive1913
Valued Member

WOW! Congrats! that's awesome! I have two accounts with AFNI right now and I want them gone... can you PM me the email address that you used?

I really want to get these cleared up! Any help is appreciated

Message 6 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

I got the email address straight from their website.

recoveryteam@afni.com

Message Edited by oneboss302 on 08-25-2009 08:10 AM
Message 7 of 8
Intuitive1913
Valued Member

Thanks! i appreciate it!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.