Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch alert up 13 points!!!!!

tag
cp94550
Regular Contributor

Score Watch alert up 13 points!!!!!

I was out today with my family and I got a SW alert email on my phone. I was nervous to check it. Pull it up and I got a boost of 13 points!!!

My new $300 secured card is reporting. I just opened it on 11/16 with my local CU.

Slightly off topic... Not sure if it varies by company/cc but I thought that my card would report to the CB near/on the statement close date but instead it reported on 12/1, and payment due date is 12/19. I had a 50% util report because I had just used it and thought it wouldn't report for another 2 weeks. I had already scheduled the payment (will post on Monday) to get the balance back down before what I thought would be the reporting date. Any thoughts? Will it always report on the 1st or just because it was the first month. Don't want to mess up my rebuilding process!

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch alert up 13 points!!!!!

It will probably always report on the first for you - give or take a day. You can always call and ask what date they report or which day your statement is posted. I know my payment is due on the 16th, but the statement doesn't become available until the 19th. Therefore, whatever the balance is sometime between the 16th and 19th, is the balance that gets reported to the CB. So I ususally pay in full a little before the 16th, spend like 10 bucks on the 16th, and then discontinue usuing the card until my statement posts on the 19th. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.