Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop due to several new accounts and inquiries

tag
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Score drop due to several new accounts and inquiries

Hi, about how long (I'm thinking the answer will be six months, hopefully not longer) will it take for me score to come back up from having several new store cards and two Visas opened, most with pre approval or SCT, but also 3 inquiries? I know YMMV. 

My scores were finally all over 600 (601 EXP, 635 TU, 620 EQ). I use CCT for EXP and it just dropped back to 585. I also had my utilization go up from 21% to 35% but I am about to pay one Visa way down and two other small payments haven't posted. 

My AAOA is bad, 5 months. And 15 inquires, although 8 of those are all at one year to 18 months old. 

5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Score drop due to several new accounts and inquiries

The 35% Util probably has more of an effect on your score than anything else

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
kebeneezer88
Contributor

I thought that might be it instead of the new accounts. Thanks! Any thoughts on how long for it to go back up? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the answer is, in about a year the influence of the inquiries will lessen, but I could be wrong. One of the more experienced and well-versed members will be along to correct I'm sure. 

That said, why did you go on such an app spree? 

Lowering your UTI will help, but in order to really grow your scores it's important now to go to the garden and be patient. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kebeneezer88 wrote:

Hi, about how long (I'm thinking the answer will be six months, hopefully not longer) will it take for me score to come back up from having several new store cards and two Visas opened, most with pre approval or SCT, but also 3 inquiries? I know YMMV. 

My scores were finally all over 600 (601 EXP, 635 TU, 620 EQ). I use CCT for EXP and it just dropped back to 585. I also had my utilization go up from 21% to 35% but I am about to pay one Visa way down and two other small payments haven't posted. 

My AAOA is bad, 5 months. And 15 inquires, although 8 of those are all at one year to 18 months old. 

You'll generally see score growth as everything - including AAoA - ages in whole year increments.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say in 7 months when your AAoA hits 1 year your scores will exceed where they were at the point you went on your spree.  That's assuming, of course, that you don't apply for any credit between now and then.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.