Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured credit cards?

Does your credit need to be at a certain level to get a secured credtit card or can anyone just get one? I have 4 collections and 3 charge off im trying to fix but in the mean time I also want to add some good thing to my credit report. Anyrecommendation on which to get?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured credit cards?

Hello.

One from Capital one and a local credit union is good to start off with. 

Whom are your collections with? Maybe we can assist helping get them off.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 1 of them approved for a PFD. that leaves CAVALRY PORT 1101, THE BUREAUS 2910, ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SER 497, and ADMIN RECOVERY LLC 761. 

Iv'e applied for a capital one secured credit card but I guess I got denied because the calvary port account came from them. And i cant go to a credit union because I'm in chexsystems from overdraft fees at wellsfargo a while ago

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any woodforest banks around, try them for a checking account and secured card... they have an account designed for people on chex systems... good luck...
Also there is a card called open sky (?) That doesn't pull credit...they base approval on if they can verify your identification... it's not a great card but from what I understand they report to all three, though I would double check.
It might be a good spring board....
Message 4 of 9
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Are there any cards that you can make payments until fulfilling the security balance requirement? I thought I came across one about 2 yrs ago...but I cannot find it now. Thanks

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@pisspoorcredit wrote:
Are there any cards that you can make payments until fulfilling the security balance requirement? I thought I came across one about 2 yrs ago...but I cannot find it now. Thanks

Just Capital One that I know of for certain. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pisspoorcredit wrote:

Open Sky gives you plenty of time to fund the security deposit, though I believe you have to make the deposit all at once.

There's also First Progress which has an option called "Apply now, fund later". For this, you can make multiple deposits until the card is totally funded. There is a hard pull, but they only check to make sure there's no BK from what I understand. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

(Re: Secured credit cards?

Secured Credit Card Options: Credit Unions, Bank of America, Bremer Bank, Capital Bank (Open Sky), Capital One, Discover, Fifth Third Bank, First Premier Bank, Merrick Bank, NFCU, US Bank, Wells Fargo, SunTrust, Synovus Bank (First Progress), Union Bank (First Bankcard), USAA. **Stay away from Credit One**

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 8 of 9
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Cool. Thanks

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.