Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled Account Showing +120 days late in status

tag
goldenyears
New Contributor

Settled Account Showing +120 days late in status

I settled a credit card debt with BOA in 2009.  Rather than "Paid as Agreed" in the status, as my other settled accounts, this one is still showing a status of "120+ days past due date".  

Is this a valid status or can I have them change it?  Does it affect my score either way?

Starting Score: 523 TU: 3/15/2012
Current Score: 732 EQ 09/03/2014
Next Goal Score: steady 750 by Jan 2017

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settled Account Showing +120 days late in status

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any luck regarding this issue. I have the same problem and was going to do online dispute with credit card bureaus. I will keep you posted on my progress and would appreciate the same okay?

Thanks,

Tom350

Message 2 of 4
goldenyears
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late response.  I haven't worked this particular issue lately - was hoping to find some verification that it matter in the score calculations first.  I will likely go ahead and call BOA this week and see if they can change the status.  I'll keep you posted on what effect it has, if I am successful.

Keep me posted on anything you learn!

Starting Score: 523 TU: 3/15/2012
Current Score: 732 EQ 09/03/2014
Next Goal Score: steady 750 by Jan 2017

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@goldenyears wrote:

I settled a credit card debt with BOA in 2009.  Rather than "Paid as Agreed" in the status, as my other settled accounts, this one is still showing a status of "120+ days past due date".  

Is this a valid status or can I have them change it?  Does it affect my score either way?

Sorry your question didnt get answered before. If it happens again, just reply to your thread with a message that says "Bump" and that will take your thread to the top of the board.

Status means How the account was paid. If it was paid on time with no lates, it would say "Paid as agreed".

If a late was reported, it would state that late in the status. So a 30 day late, would show a status of paying 30 days late.

So if the account was 120 days late at one time, it's reporting correctly.

I did a search for "120 days late".  You will find some helpful information.Smiley Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=120+days+late

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.