cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION Removed *3* Collections EARLY! Score question ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TRANSUNION Removed *3* Collections EARLY! Score question ??

Norman, probably not an option as Cap One was one of my charge offs from 6-7 years ago, and I did not pay it off due to financial strain, and it is off my CR for good now.  Trite perhaps, but the CL was only $500 and they wanted $2600 from me.  No. Way! So I really do not have much of a choice in termso f Credit One, i'm thinking..

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joey: I have a JUDGEMENT from cap 1 from 2008, and I was approved for a new unsecured card from them.

This board is FILLED with ppl who owe cap 1 and still get approved by them. I really suggest you try them.
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score change may simply not be showing on myfico yet. I suggest buying one of their single reports for 13$ and seeing if it shows up there.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I will give Cap one a try ! That would be interesting if it approved especially with my scores still ahowing under 600. But we will see ! Can you provide any links to those stories ?

And I have my credit monitoring for TU -- updates report and score daily. Still showing the same after all 3 deletions. I dont get it
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joey: I'm posting with my ancient dinosaur of a smart phone:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Have-a-low-500-Score-and-think-you-have-it-ba...

There is a cap one preapproval site, just see what they offer you. Or you can go the secured card route, SDFCU is awesome.

Just hold on hopefully someone else can help with links.
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

*** THIS JUST IN:  I was able to get the right Rep on the line at BARCLAY Recon, and he raised my limit to $3,000, thus helping to DECREASE my UTIL majorly !!!  I am so excited... 5 other reps denied me!!!  Luck of the draw my friends, luck of the draw.  So, now I will let that report, pay down the balance and hopefully watch my score go BOOM combined with those 3 removals.  

Message 16 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

*** THIS JUST IN:  I was able to get the right Rep on the line at BARCLAY Recon, and he raised my limit to $3,000, thus helping to DECREASE my UTIL majorly !!!  I am so excited... 5 other reps denied me!!!  Luck of the draw my friends, luck of the draw.  So, now I will let that report, pay down the balance and hopefully watch my score go BOOM combined with those 3 removals.  

Grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Norman, probably not an option as Cap One was one of my charge offs from 6-7 years ago, and I did not pay it off due to financial strain, and it is off my CR for good now.  Trite perhaps, but the CL was only $500 and they wanted $2600 from me.  No. Way! So I really do not have much of a choice in termso f Credit One, i'm thinking..

That *really* should not be a problem - one more good thing about Cap One is that they do NOT blackball for old defaults. As long as you don't have an account that went to CO within the last year or two, they WILL allow you back in.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a judgement from Cap 1 (settled).  I current have a Cap 1 MC, QS1, and a $25k auto loan with Cap 1.   I also have Cap 1 360 checking and savings accounts.  Cap 1 was the first company to give me a credit card in about 10 years.  In fact getting their card was what sparked my desire to rebuild.  They are very forgiving.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rising, congrats on those feats!!!!  Amazing!  However, my charge off with them is NOT PAID and is from 2008ish.  So maybe that will make a difference.  However they did DENY me a Cap One Checking a year ago, so maybe not!  I just got a huge increase with BARCLAY to $3,000 so I'm set for some time.  Ill garden until maybe end fo summer, then request a CLI to $5,000.  :-)  By then ym score should be mid-600s.  

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.