Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's Hope!

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

There's Hope!

Just wanted to thank everyone here for contributing to the forums and being a wealth of information.

2.5 years ago my student loans went into default after being unemployed and suffering from health issues. A search for the student loan rehab program landed me on MyFICO and then I started reading this particular forum. With solid advice and knowledge learned from here plus a lot of persistence, my scores have gone from the 540s to the low 700s which enabled me to qualify for a mortgage and I closed on my house yesterday.

If I can do this, you can too.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: There's Hope!

@kjel wrote:

Just wanted to thank everyone here for contributing to the forums and being a wealth of information.

2.5 years ago my student loans went into default after being unemployed and suffering from health issues. A search for the student loan rehab program landed me on MyFICO and then I started reading this particular forum. With solid advice and knowledge learned from here plus a lot of persistence, my scores have gone from the 540s to the low 700s which enabled me to qualify for a mortgage and I closed on my house yesterday.

If I can do this, you can too.

Fantastic, grats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.