Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top places to pull/monitor credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Top places to pull/monitor credit

I want to settle into a place where I can get the correct scores and monitor my CR.  I have been getting my EQ Fico through myfico.com.  Is this really the only place to get my FICO scores?  I know that I can't purchase my EX FICO but wanted to check and see if you recommend any other places to monitor your credit.  I'm looking into possibly going to USAA since that was recently brought up in this forum.  I like how you can check your CR daily since I'm very impatient Smiley Happy, but they are FAKO scores from what I have heard and therefore not any good and it seems as if I have to become a member first.

Waiting on the mycreditplan site to open up and see if that's any good.  Anyways, I would really like to be able to check for daily changes, have it show the DOFD, and actually have scores that lenders use.   I'm thinking that my only options are to monitor my FICO scores through myfico.com and find another site with daily CR monitoring from all 3 CRAs.  

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Top places to pull/monitor credit

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to settle into a place where I can get the correct scores and monitor my CR.  I have been getting my EQ Fico through myfico.com.  Is this really the only place to get my FICO scores?  I know that I can't purchase my EX FICO but wanted to check and see if you recommend any other places to monitor your credit.  I'm looking into possibly going to USAA since that was recently brought up in this forum.  I like how you can check your CR daily since I'm very impatient Smiley Happy, but they are FAKO scores from what I have heard and therefore not any good and it seems as if I have to become a member first.

Waiting on the mycreditplan site to open up and see if that's any good.  Anyways, I would really like to be able to check for daily changes, have it show the DOFD, and actually have scores that lenders use.   I'm thinking that my only options are to monitor my FICO scores through myfico.com and find another site with daily CR monitoring from all 3 CRAs.  

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Have you looked at the CMS Guide here onsite?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh..I'm sorry. Smiley Sad I should of thought of that first.  I get ahead of myself  sometimes.  Will check it out right now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
esme
Regular Contributor

I use USAA's CMS here; https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=creditcheck_monitoring_main

Sign up online. It's $12.25/month but after I set up my account and subscribed to the service, I called to ask for their half-price promo for 12 months. If they say no, say you want to cancel and they'll give it to you. That's what I did just a few days ago. Good luck.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.