cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally lucked out! I think there's a credit angel amongst me...

tag
LALALISA
New Contributor

Totally lucked out! I think there's a credit angel amongst me...

I just had to share this: I called Amcol collections because they were collecting on a medical bill. I was going to request a PFD. They told me that they no longer had it cause it went back to the OC. She also said that they requested the CRA's that they be taken off my CR's in Feb of this year and to dispute them since they're still on there. So I did. Than I called the OC and set up payments with them for the remaining $389. Whew! I was so happy this one worked out! Caught it before it went to another CA!

Starting Score: Jan 2011: 517; March 2012: 620
Current Score: Ex 681 FairIsaac V2; TU 690 Classic04; Eq 642 Beacon5.0-All lender pull 8/13/12
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Totally lucked out! I think there's a credit angel amongst me...

Interesting. That makes me want to contact a CA that has a medical collection on my account, my last "baddie." But its from 2008 and I'm afraid to awaken a sleeping giant. And its only reported to Experian.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 3
LALALISA
New Contributor

Re: Totally lucked out! I think there's a credit angel amongst me...

I've got one of those "don't wake the sleeping giants" on my CR's too.  Fortunately, it's from 2006 so it's due to fall off next year.  If it comes back, than I might do something about it LOL

Starting Score: Jan 2011: 517; March 2012: 620
Current Score: Ex 681 FairIsaac V2; TU 690 Classic04; Eq 642 Beacon5.0-All lender pull 8/13/12
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.