Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization Question

Depends on those two unpaid charge offs. If those are revolving account charge offs they will distort your UTI% and you might not see much score gain depending on the amount showing as balances on them.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

NormanFH Yeah those are revolvers. Amex @ 2K and Macy's @ 300. how would I know for sure if those are distorting my utilization? I'll just assume that they are.
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are reporting a balance then that balance is included in your FICO score calculation. This is the reason revolving CO's effect your score so much more that other major derogs, like an unpaid medical bill or utility bill. They hit you on the payment history side (35% of your score), and then they hit you on your UTI% (30% of your score), so they can have a negative impact on more than 60% of your FICO score.

So when you are trying to calculate an overall UTI% target, add $2.3K to your balances.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks NormanFH! And here I thought I was at 86% according to my myFICO report. Oh well just another hill to climb While I garden. Haha
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as soon as I get my current utilization under control which would be no balances on those two evil cards (credit one and first premier) and under 10% on my Barclay I am planning to tackle those two Charge Offs with my primary focus being on Amex as I want back in with them at some point in time and Ill pay off my Macys too.

Should I wait for both of those to drop off before I call them and pay them off? Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well as soon as I get my current utilization under control which would be no balances on those two evil cards (credit one and first premier) and under 10% on my Barclay I am planning to tackle those two Charge Offs with my primary focus being on Amex as I want back in with them at some point in time and Ill pay off my Macys too.

Should I wait for both of those to drop off before I call them and pay them off? Smiley Happy

That would give you more negotiating power.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That would give you more negotiating power.

Thanks NormanFH! I dont think I will negotiate with Amex. Im sure in order to get another card with them I will probably have to pay in full unless I luckily slip thorugh the cracks like some people have. Im not in a huge rush as the fall off date is soon and Im still paying down stuff to get my current utilization under control! Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momof5 wrote:

If your baddies are set to drop off in the last quarter, I would ask TU for an early exclusion in June and ask EQ and EX in August.  Smiley Very Happy

Should I try to ask for early exclusions for those two badies as they are unpaid charge offs? I just dont want them to stir the pot. Would it even stir the pot by asking? I mean it would be nice to get that stuff off earlier than normal but Id hate to have one of crediors decide to update LOL. Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Momof5 wrote:

If your baddies are set to drop off in the last quarter, I would ask TU for an early exclusion in June and ask EQ and EX in August.  Smiley Very Happy

Should I try to ask for early exclusions for those two badies as they are unpaid charge offs? I just dont want them to stir the pot. Would it even stir the pot by asking? I mean it would be nice to get that stuff off earlier than normal but Id hate to have one of crediors decide to update LOL. Smiley Surprised

The creditor has no say in an early exclusion its the CRAs job to do it at the proper time. You are asking the CRAs for a goodwill jesture when you ask them to remove the TL early.

Message 19 of 26
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@Momof5 wrote:

I have seen the b term "early exclusion"lately. How does this happen. I have an old mortgage accountil which we did a short sale. On tu and eq, it has been removed but exp says it is schedule for august. Is there any way to get that done now

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.