Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtuoso PFD

tag
cassett
Contributor

Virtuoso PFD

So ive been dealing with virtuoso collections for a few months now. Sending letter after letter and email after email to them asking for a PFD. I have never gotten a response from them in the mail. but they continued to keep calling me.

Everytime they called i would answer and ask them if they recieved my emails or mail and that I am waiting for their response. Which they would respond that they would get back to me. A few times I straight out asked them if they would pay for delete and they always said no.

Today someone called and I told them that ive been trying to get a hold of them for months now and canwe work something out because I feel this shouldnt have been reported anyways.  

He told me that they will delete it when i pay it in full! He refused a written letter but I told him i was recording the call and asked for his consent and he said "thats fine". 

Is the phone recording enough proof to hold up the verbal aggreement?

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Virtuoso PFD

Yes, a verbal agreement is binding on them so grats and pay it off Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
cassett
Contributor

thanks! im pumped. This collection popped up on my report after I had successfully gotten rid of three collections which finally bumped my score up to 615. Then a week later this was reported. I was so discouraged. But It didnt stop me! Finally ill be back up in the 600s. Hopefully once my new Secured CC reports i will hit 650!! 

Message 3 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

Seems to be the prevailing thinking on this board lately that a verbal agreement holds up and CAs honor them. Late last year when I first joined this board, it was all about getting a written agreement. 

One funny note, when I read "Virtuoso" PFD I thought I was about to read a really good one.

Message 4 of 7
cassett
Contributor

Haha!

Yeah, ive been seeing that trend as well. Also, from researching multiple different CAs BBB complaints. It does appear that if you file a complaint with the BBB stating that you had a verbal agreement, most CA's will use that for a grounds for deletion. So even if it doesnt hold up on their end, I will fire off multiple complants to everywhere I can. 

Message 5 of 7
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

crrredit wrote: One funny note, when I read "Virtuoso" PFD I thought I was about to read a really good one.

+1

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@crrredit wrote:

Seems to be the prevailing thinking on this board lately that a verbal agreement holds up and CAs honor them. Late last year when I first joined this board, it was all about getting a written agreement. 

One funny note, when I read "Virtuoso" PFD I thought I was about to read a really good one.

That's still my advice. I understand the position that calls between a customer and a CSR are recorded (maybe they are and maybe not) but I don't believe in taking such a chance.

I learned as a firefighter that "if it's not written down it didn't happen". Always get a written agreement.

But that's just me. Perhaps I'm overly cautious.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.