cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Im shocked! Capital one increase.

tag
1bbattle

Wow Im shocked! Capital one increase.

Ive had my capital one card for 7 months now.  Starting with a 500.00 credit limit.   I missed my payment in December by mistake, I was charged 15 for a late fee. And it showed up on my report twich.   The late fee  then put me over the limit.  So in January, I started reading Fico Forums, and noticed that in order to improve my credit I needed to get my card down to 9%.  So as soon as the statement posted I paid it down.  Not paying attention to when it was reported.  So then I found out about the reporting.  Needed the money before it reported again, but knew I was going to be paid again, so I charged it back up again.  But then paid it down to 9% 4 days before payment was due.  Waited until after the statement posting date.  So I go and check it today.   I did send them a email yesterday asking them If I had ever set up a cash advance pin.  Today is the day after my statement date.  And low and behold they raised my credit limit 250.00!  I didnt even ask, and I didnt think it would happen.  The only thing I can think of is because last month I made two payments totalling 825 so maybe they figure I could afford an increase?  Or maybe because Im over 6 months?  I would think with the late payment I had recently  they would never give it to me.  Im so shocked.  How will it affect my Fico score I wonder.  Although I did break down and open a orchard bank card last month.  So Im sure my score will go down a little.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow Im shocked! Capital one increase.

Congrats on the increase! Is the card secured or unsecured? You should see a score bump if you keep the utilization low and don't miss anymore payments.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.